Thread: Has the chess.ca site been hacked?

Default Has the chess.ca site been hacked?

I've been getting "reported attack site" when trying to access the CFC site. Any others with the same problem?

Hi Rob:

I'm having no problem accessing www.chess.ca . Just did it now without anything untoward.

Might it be something in your computer?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gashgarian
    I've been getting "reported attack site" when trying to access the CFC site. Any others with the same problem?
    A lot of virus scanners are keeping track of "bad" websites. I put it in quotes because it could just be "reported" as bad.

The CFC website is up and working from what I can see and my virus scanner isn't reporting anything funny about it, but my scanner may be just choosing to not tell me. You can read in a lower thread (Closed round 8 I think) about how Chris Mallon got whomped by something on the Monroi site.

Steve

I tried again when I got home from work and Firefox posted the same message. I clicked on the learn more and got the following details--perhaps this is from a month or two back and Firefox is just recognizing the fact?

"What is the current listing status for chess.ca?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 583 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 25 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-08-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-08-26.

Malicious software includes 15 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s), 7 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 46 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 4 domain(s), including htsrh.info/, a0v.org/, dofulfill.info/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including a0v.org/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS14166 (SOFTCOMCA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, chess.ca did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
    * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center."

Blog Entries

I got that same message.

Default CFC Executive Director

We are aware of this issue regarding possible malicous spyware from the chess.ca website and are looking into the matter with our technical web team. chess.ca may be shutdown for the weekend and we will advise of our findings in the near future.

In the meantime if you require ratings data downloads sent to you, please phone the CFC office 519-508-2362. Messages will be checked periodically throught the weekend.

Gerry