Thread: CYCC surplus - funding a coach for the WYCC

Default CYCC surplus - funding a coach for the WYCC

CYCC surplus - funding a coach for the WYCC

Copied from a previous post on Chesstalk - Eric Hansen's request for a coach for Team Canada at the WYCC

Hi Eric, In the interest of transparency .... I just sent a cheque for $17725 to the CFC. This amount is $125 per player or $150 per player for late entry and includes an additional $900 donation from the Victoria Junior Chess Society. The commitment for travel is $1000 for each section except U16 G which as part of a combined section will receive $500. That comes to $11,500 which leaves a surplus of $6225. I agree with you that a good coach is a priority for the team. I asked for a WYCC/CYCC donate button to be added to the CFC site last year. Maybe that can be done to raise a little more cash to make a coach a reality for Team Canada. Brian Raymer CYCC Chief Organizer

A further note. I am not sure that everyone knows that the CFC is a charitable organization. I think it should be possible for parents or anyone else to make a targeted donation toward a coach for the WYCC. Combined with the $6225 surplus from this year's CYCC it should be possible to find a good/suitable coach.

Another suggestion is for people with aeroplan miles to contribute an air ticket toward players and/or a coach traveling to the WYCC in Turkey. Aeroplan miles now expire if unused.

Brian Raymer

Default WYCC Canadian Coach - Fundraising

To Michael Barron, CFC Junior Coordinator

I note that on the CFC Home Page, there is a donation article for the next Canadian Olympic team. And there is a link to a write up as well.

Can we now put at the top of the Home Page another similar donation article for the WYCC Canadian coach ( the ads for the Can. Closed & Zonal Championships, the Canadian Open and the CYCC that top the home page should now be gone as they are stale dated - maybe you could let Gerry know this when you talk to him about the " Coach Donation " )? The donation thermometer could also have a link to an article about our full WYCC team and something on the tournament history and upcoming WYCC.

Could you, as Junior Coordinator, look into this with Gerry Litchfield? It may be one additional effort the CFC can make to raise money for the coach, to supplement any surplus from the CYCC.

Thanks.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I will certainly look into this with Gerry Litchfield - as soon as we complete WYCC registration.

We have already a good coach willing to work as volunteer, like all CFC officers, but additional donations certainly wouldn't harm.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron