Thread: WYCC was moved, but no access.

Default WYCC was moved, but no access.

If I try to open the link this is all I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Andrei Botez

Edit: I see, it's the forum item that's been moved. Since it doesn't appear in any of the Public forums (AFAIK), does that mean it's been moved to one of the Private forums? That would be consistent with the messages you (and I) received.

http://www.tsf.org.tr/home/2308-2009...ffical-website

works for me. And so does the next step:

http://wycc2009.tsf.org.tr/

and the pages underneath it.

I thought from the Subject that the site had been moved to some inaccessible place. Buses in Turkey are the best in the world, in my humble experience.
    Last edited by Jonathan Berry; 08-19-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    JMS+ 1 p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Botez
    If I try to open the link this is all I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Andrei Botez
    The thread "World Youth Chess Championship 2009" was moved to Private Forums > CFC Governors Discussion.

The main message must not been moved:

The Canadain delegation for the World Youth Chess Championship 2009 has grown up to 21 players:

Surname Name Category

Liu Jiaxin U- 8 Girls
    Giblon Melissa U- 10 Girls
    Giblon Rebecca U- 12 Girls
    Botez Alexandra U- 14 Girls
    Kagramanov Dalia U- 16 Girls
    Lam Karen U- 16 Girls
    Du Jasmine U- 18 Girls
    Wan Kevin U- 8 Open
    Zhang Yuanchen U-8 Open
    Kong Dezheng U- 10 Open
    Graif William U-10 Open
    Wang Richard U- 12 Open
    Qian Kai (Jack) U- 12 Open
    Kaminski Thomas U-14 Open
    Zhang David U-14 Open
    Itkin David U- 14 Open
    Szalay Karoly U- 16 Open
    Wang Jesse U-16 Open
    Hansen Eric U-18 Open
    Kaminski Victor U-18 Open
    Me Kevin U- 18 Open

Just a reminder:
    All payments and all required information for players, accompanying persons, including organizers fees, hotel costs, FIDE registration costs... must be received by the CFC office by Aug 20th at 4 pm.

We're planning to submit our registration documents to WYCC organizers on Friday, August 21st to ensure Canadian delegation will get rooms at Limra hotel, where the tournament will take place.

I assume it was moved because the discussion of candates for coach in the public section was deemed inappropriate. I could be wrong.

Default WYCC thread was moved and more

If this is the case, that means there is no access for the parents and players. On that forum how many people who are going to Turkey or have kids going to Turkey had a saying. Where is the transparency that the new CFC president was talking about?
    Also it seems that CFC is trying to over charge the parents. Based on the fact that the fees are in euros, the exchange rate used by CFC for the parents is 1.7

This is from last night email from Michael Baron:
    "Please call CFC Office tomorrow and pay all necessary fees.

Exchange rate is 1.70 CAD/EUR."

And this is the reply from one of the parents:
    "After the CFC has paid the WYCC, will there be a refund, and if so, how would that be handled? We understand that there are bank or credit card exchange fees, but even accounting for those, the overcharge is at least 10 cents on the dollar."

CFC did not made a payment towards WYCC yet, the payment will be dont tomorrow, the official rate is:

"On 19 Aug 2009, 1.00 European Euro(s) = 1.56 Canadian dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 1.5644 (using nominal rate.)"

Andrei

The discussion of candidates for a position should not be atransparent process available for the whole world to see.

Default CFC CYCC Coach Process

I agree with Ken.

This thread can now serve as the vehicle for parents of WYCC'ers to discuss their issues on this members' board.

The issue of applicants for CYCC coach should remain in the Governors' Board. It is confidential at this point, until a selection is made. Picking a coach is not a matter of vote by some interested group, despite their interest in the outcome. The process of hiring the coach needs to be an internal CFC handled matter.

The CFC could certainly make it a vote by parents, but that would have to be part of the employment conditions made known at the start of the process, so all applicants know this. I personally do not think, though, that this would be a better way to determine a coach.

Bob