Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I wasn't aware that censoring the Canadian Champion (who I think is a VM as well?) was part of your job description?
    Vlad can speak for himself, of course, but felt that there was a potential for legal action if he posted the letter as is. He was intending to publish what he thought was OK. In any event the cat's out of the bag now, so to speak, unless it ends up getting deleted.

Fred

PS. The most recent Canadian Champion and R/UP are automatic VM's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    You can pick and choose which endorsements to post and which not to?
    Yes, saying nice things about Victor, I will post all day. Saying things that can lead to a lawsuit not so much.

Re "That is not the purpose of this meeting and thus I shall refrain." It may be relevant to this election, and also Hal Bond's comments are relevant for the future of the CFC Executive - the way he describes events, many people's actions are put into question. I think its in your best interests to tell your side of the story. Plenty more days for this meeting
    It is possible that I haven't read it all as my internet, phone and tv have been failing a lot today. Let me look back....

I intend to support Victor Plotkin. I see no need to add Patricia Gamliel to the CFC executive.
    Last edited by Richard Bowes; 02-23-2021 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Edited for politeness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    Berik did not try to bribe me, Berik only offered me money?
    No, Berik offered to enrol Canada as an early entrant to the FIDE support program which many federations are already enrolled in. We will probably enroll in it after this election.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    Obviously, I cannot comment on the allegations regarding third persons raised by Aris Marghetis in his post since I have not been the party to the alleged contacts.

However,
    is a patent lie.

Mr. Marghetis, kindly provide the proof that Vadim Tsypin “contacted yourself” on January 24, or withdraw your allegations and apologize immediately. I have phone records that *prove otherwise*.
    OK, if you want to go there:

On January 24th, both Michael Barron and Nikos Kalesis contacted Aris to ask him to call Vadim. At first, Aris thought that was strange, as Vadim should still have had contact info from the last few years. Aris realized the next time he spoke with Vlad why Vadim had done it this way, so that Vadim could say to Vlad that "he called me". In my judgement, Vadim asking multiple people to ask me to call him constitutes him initiating contact with me (P.S. I have call/Skype records too)

I have ZERO problem apologizing when I should, but does anyone else think that's the case here?

During the phone call between Vadim and Aris on January 24th, Aris started by expressing how much he was looking forward to working with Vadim (FIDE Management Board Secretary). Vadim countered with a lot of names of key FIDE people who allegedly preferred Vadim over Aris. Vadim also asked Aris to withdraw his candidacy and to publicly endorse Vadim. Vadim also told Aris that doing so should lead to better international chess opportnities for Aris.

Vadim and Aris have not spoken verbally since. Aris tried repeatedly to have a meeting with Vlad and Vadim together, but that never came to pass.

On January 25th, Vadim sent Aris the following message on Skype:
    Vadim, 2:14 PM
    Hello again Aris,
    So, are you ready to talk and to learn exciting things about new chess events that bode so well for the Greek-Russian friendship based on the solid foundation of the shared Orthodox religion? 🌞

Blog Entries

I wasn't aware that censoring the Canadian Champion (who I think is a VM as well?) was part of your job description?
    I am not censoring him. His letter is posted by someone else. It is a bit rich that you are complaining when you are the one slow walking him potentially being able to post it himself.

Being CFC president does not require that I do everything anyone asks me to do.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-22-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I am not censoring him. His letter is posted by someone else. It is a bit rich that you are complaining when you are the one slow walking him potentially being able to post it himself.
    His letter was posted by someone else after you refused. And now you're making accusations about me too?

I've never in my life communicated with him, and he's never registered for this forum. So please explain to everyone how exactly I am impeding him being able to post?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bowes View Post
    It sounds like .
    People have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in defamation suits in Canada for posts exactly like this one. For your sake please edit your post.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/b-c/seven-year-online-defamation-battle-ends-with-1-1-million-award-1.23413297

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...n-free-speech/

https://zvulony.ca/2016/articles/def...ation-victims/
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-22-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries

His letter was posted by someone else after you refused. And now you're making accusations about me too?

I've never in my life communicated with him, and he's never registered for this forum. So please explain to everyone how exactly I am impeding him being able to post?
    I want to say that Chris Mallon, who has administered this Forum since day one, has done a fantastic job in this role, and acts promptly on any e-mail issues we have sent to him. I can't picture him ever, slow tracking, let alone censoring, who is allowed to post on the Forum.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    OK, if you want to go there:
    Mr. Marghetis, please do not distract the honourable Voting Members with tall tales.

I have asked you a specific question:

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post

However,
    January 24th: Vadim Tsypin (CAN)
    is a patent lie.

Mr. Marghetis, kindly provide the proof that Vadim Tsypin “contacted yourself” on January 24, or withdraw your allegations and apologize immediately. I have phone records that *prove otherwise*.
    Yes or no? Do you have a proof that Vadim Tsypin “contacted yourself” on January 24? Maybe checking your billing records at +1-613-720-7xxx could help you refresh your memory?

You know the truth, and you know that I do it, too. Will you provide the proof to your allegations? Or will the honourable Voting Members be left to conclude that this is a lie, and that every other spin you and your proxies were trying to advance in this forum might equally be a lie?.

As for releasing funny Skype messages, there is a proverb about people living in glass houses.

[To be continued]

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast