Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    Just to clarify:

1. I got a phone call from M.Barron (one of the major Vadim's assistants in this campaign)

2. After some short conversation, Michael asked me if Vadim could join to our conversation.

3. Vadim joined and we had a very long conversation (around 1h), mostly between him and me.

4. The next day after this conversation I realized that I didn't like the current situation with the election and decided to run for this position myself.

Formally, it was not a call from Tsypin, but from one of his supporters. However, Vadim was a person who initiated this contact.
    Victor, any progress with obtaining a written document from your friend Vladimir Nekhamkin re: his call with Vladimir Bykov, whose testimony was already published by Vadim?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    I and probably others remember 2014 quite differently. Ilyumzhinov offered CFC a bribe of $80000, which was accepted. CFC only received $20000. Hal Bond organized a GM (not IM) norm tournament in Kitchener, and I remember that quite well since I was not invited (maybe because I spoke out against CFC accepting the money ) https://www.chess.ca/en/ratings/#/t/201508026/121202

Now, you are trying to put some shade on Hal Bond, ie he had some piece of the $20000, and you did not. Details, numbers, documents please. Otherwise, as often happens in your case, false accusations and libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    Berik did not try to bribe me, Berik only offered me money?
    No, Berik offered to enrol Canada as an early entrant to the FIDE support program which many federations are already enrolled in. We will probably enroll in it after this election.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Hal Bond's account of Berik approaching Vlad is detailed in 2018, not 2021. It would be great if other Executive members can confirm. Also it would be great if Vlad can confirm that the FIDE support program which many federations are already enrolled in is welcoming Canada no matter who Canada chooses as FIDE Representative. Lastly, I am curious how a situation when FIDE is trying to get rid of Hal Bond (whether he is indeed behaving under the influence (c) or not), Canada's chosen representative, is not viewed as a situation of FIDE meddling in other federation's affairs.
    Yes, there were to be four years in total of tournaments but there were delays in getting the first year's tournaments off the ground and by the second year Kirsan was under sanctions and there was no possibility of receiving more funds for tournaments.

Canada is good in FIDE's books and they are eager for us to take a more constructive role.

One benefit of Hal Bond's resignation is that it put me in direct communication with the highest levels of FIDE including President Arkady Dvorkovich and Executive Director Victor Bologan. I don't intend to relinquish those lines of communication.

Whatever money Hal Bond received for organizing the tournament was well earned. I have never applied for any money from the CFC or FIDE that did not go directly to tournaments for Canadians. You can't make Hal Bond to be a saint and then try to tar me with the deals that he made on behalf of the CFC.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-23-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    Mr. Itkin,

As late as yesterday, February 22, your rush and unfounded statements already forced you to apologize in this Forum. Regrettably, in your desperate attempts to buttress your candidate you are repeating the same egregious mistake yet again. You are intentionally and maliciously advancing fallacies based on hearsay, deliberately trying to misinterpret the events that you were not privy to.

Yesterday, I exposed Mr. Marghetis’ blatant lie. Crickets.

Now, I’m calling yours.

Kindly present a proof, or withdraw your false allegation and apologize again. I find it completely routine to have a conversation with Mr. Plotkin or any other Voting Member. However, your statement is false. The phone call was not initiated by me. And there is a witness who was a third party to this conversation.
    As you already saw, I have no problem to admit my mistakes, if I have made them, and to apologize accordingly.

But now it is not the case. I confirm once again that Victor Plotkin told me (before he decided to run for this position) that you initiated that call. Obviously, I can't have any proof on your conversation because I wasn't a part of it. I am pretty confident that for the most of the voting members at this Forum just my word will be sufficient. If this matter will be heard in court, it most likely will considered as a hearsay.

Default Victor Itkin

Pierre,

Are you kidding us?

Vlad, please confirm that you have also received FIDE email about Mr. Tsypin suspension.
    Last edited by Victor Itkin; 02-23-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Yes, there were to be four years in total of tournaments but there were delays in getting the first year's tournaments off the ground and by the second year Kirsan was under sanctions and there was no possibility of receiving more funds for tournaments.

Canada is good in FIDE's books and they are eager for us to take a more constructive role.

One benefit of Hal Bond's resignation is that it put me in direct communication with the highest levels of FIDE including President Arkady Dvorkovich and Executive Director Victor Bologan. I don't intend to relinquish those lines of communication.

Whatever money Hal Bond received for organizing the tournament and was well earned. I have never applied for any money from the CFC or FIDE that did not go directly to tournaments for Canadians. You can't make Hal Bond to be a saint and then try to tar me with the deals that he made on behalf of the CFC.
    Vlad, a couple of questions to you:
    While FIDE is eager for CFC to take a more constructive role, is CFC ready?
    And one more question: while you have direct communications at the very top plus Vadim's high position in FIDE already what would be Victor's role in all that if he would've won election?
    Victor, your reply would be welcomed as well.
    Sasha Starr, VM.

Victor, are you still working with Nekhamkin to produce any statement? A few lines is Russian will do. But please hurry up! Election time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Victor, are you still working with Nekhamkin to produce any statement? A few lines is Russian will do. But please hurry up! Election time!!!
    Here is a problem: I've looked up Vladimir Bykov. He is well known International chess arbiter and organizer ( https://ratings.fide.com/profile/24190080). So in the near future he'll be most likely questioned by FIDE (he depends on it professionally). His story is substantially differs from one you told us your friend told you. Please provide your friend's statement. A lot of issues then could be dealt promptly with.
    Sasha Starr, VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Here is a problem: I've looked up Vladimir Bykov. He is well known International chess arbiter and organizer ( https://ratings.fide.com/profile/24190080). So in the near future he'll be most likely questioned by FIDE (he depends on it professionally). His story is substantially differs from one you told us your friend told you. Please provide your friend's statement. A lot of issues then could be dealt promptly with.
    Sasha Starr, VM.
    Sasha,

Do you seriously imagine that you can make these investigations better than FIDE?

FIDE investigation is already underway, and they will definitely handle it without your help.

Vlad,

Can you please confirm that you have received FIDE email about Mr. Tsypin suspension?

Or you again have some problem with the last paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    Sasha,

Do you seriously imagine that you can make these investigations better than FIDE?

FIDE investigation is already underway, and they will definitely handle it without your help.
    I agree with you on FIDE's ongoing investigation.

All I wanted to have a crude material of who said what so VMs could make an intelligent decision. What's happened is that because of substantially raised stakes Vadim Tsypin and Vladimir Bykov have their professional careers at risk and Victor and his friend have essentially a free ride.

That raises the question one more time: who is a better candidate, one who was playing a game behind the scene, refused to participate in the public chess debates one on one, or an accomplished and experienced chess professional such as Vadim is?

Sasha Starr, VM.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-23-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast