Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    As part of his campaign, Vadim sent an email to me (!!) with a great offer to publicly support and endorse him, because he is the best candidate for this position.

Maybe I am just an old-fashioned person. Maybe I am still living in the 19th century. Maybe I don't understand modern trends in chess politics. But I don't understand this at all. How could a candidate send this kind of email to another candidate with such a peculiar proposal?

Vadim believes that he is the best candidate... and that may be the case. Vadim believes that he will get overwhelming support in every province... possible as well. However, as a respectful human being he shouldn't send this sort of email to another candidate.

It's like if I were to play chess against Vadim and propose that he resigns in the initial position, before the game even starts. Why? Because I am a better player and will very likely win this game anyway.

CFC chess politics is really funny sometimes.
    I hereby confirm that I also received such an email from Vadim Tsypin.

Default Peer-to-peer

Dear colleagues:

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    I will establish or strengthen horizontal ties with fellow FIDE Members, other National Chess Federations (NCFs). Decentralization and professional networks is the key in our day and age. My healthy friendly relationships both within FIDE management and with the executives of key chess federation in the Americas, Asia and Europe will allow me to obtain unique opportunities for Canadian players and officials, especially for the young players.
    There are so many intriguing possibilities for online and, eventually, over-the-board matches between players at all levels from Canada and a partner federation: senior players, club-level players, scholastic games, IM/GM norm events. To finance such exchanges, we will not necessarily go looking for partnerships with countries that are rich and powerful (U.K., France, or Japan). Many developing economies have chess funding that exceeds our wildest dreams but might be quite interested in various intangibles that Canada can offer.

I am pleased to direct you to an opinion piece published on the CMA Web site. This article analyzes issues with player development in Canada and draws attention to the positive experiences and government programs in one of rapidly expanding Central Asian economies.

An equivalent of US$ 4 million of annual guaranteed funding from state budget just for scholastic chess – isn’t it fantastic even by North American standards?!

https://chess-math.org/blog/uzbekist...sidents-decree

The CFC would benefit greatly from forming horizontal, peer-to-peer relationships with the Chess Federation of Uzbekistan and similar relationships with other rapidly developing chess powers, such as the All-India Chess Federation. Thanks to my already established contacts with federation officials around the world, we shall be able to start working on drafting Memorandums of Understanding right after the election!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    As part of his campaign, Vadim sent an email to me (!!) with a great offer to publicly support and endorse him, because he is the best candidate for this position.

Maybe I am just an old-fashioned person. Maybe I am still living in the 19th century. Maybe I don't understand modern trends in chess politics. But I don't understand this at all. How could a candidate send this kind of email to another candidate with such a peculiar proposal?

Vadim believes that he is the best candidate... and that may be the case. Vadim believes that he will get overwhelming support in every province... possible as well. However, as a respectful human being he shouldn't send this sort of email to another candidate.

It's like if I were to play chess against Vadim and propose that he resigns in the initial position, before the game even starts. Why? Because I am a better player and will very likely win this game anyway.

CFC chess politics is really funny sometimes.
    Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members,
    For any one who has any ounce of integrity, responsibility and ethics, Vadim is absolutely not qualified to hold neither a voting member nor a CFC delegate. From what I have gathered, his case is over for me.

Vadim is a member of the "CORE MANAGEMENT TEAM of FIDE". Vadim can not represent you, as a Canadian, to FIDE. You can not represent us to "yourself" damn it!!.
    Vadim is a leading member of CMA (VP), Clearly competing with CFC in geographical domain (Canada) and the target group (youth). Acting against the best interests of CFC.

Vadim, why are you so adamant that you must/need to hold the following positions simultaneously? Especially when we have others who are willing to stand!
    -FIDE Management Team
    -VP of CMA
    -Voting Member of CFC
    -CFC representative to FIDE

Only in dictatorships and Banana Republics this could happen. Therefore, I am pleading with you and urging all of you, the voting members, to disqualify Vadim form any CFC governing position.

Vadim, IS THIS WHY YOU DID NOT INVITE ME, and tens of other voting members, TO YOUR "ZOOM PRESENTATION"?? The CFC is not your house nor is it your fiefdom. You do not own the CFC.

Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this. This is shame to Canada, and shame to our federation.

This is my duty and it is YOUR duty as well.

Default Need details

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members,
    For any one who has any ounce of integrity, responsibility and eth

Vadim is a member of the "CORE MANAGEMENT TEAM of FIDE". Vadim can not represent you, as a Canadian, to FIDE. You can not represent us to "yourself" damn it!!.
    Vadim is a leading member of CMA (VP), Clearly competing with CFC in geographical domain (Canada) and the target group (youth). Acting against the best interests of CFC.

Vadim, why are you so adamant that you must/need to hold the following positions simultaneously? Especially when we have others who are willing to stand!
    -FIDE Management Team
    -VP of CMA
    -Voting Member of CFC
    -CFC representative to FIDE

Only in dictatorships and Banana Republics this could happen. Therefore, I am pleading with you and urging all of you, the voting members, to disqualify Vadim form any CFC governing position.

Vadim, IS THIS WHY YOU DID NOT INVITE ME, and tens of other voting members, TO YOUR "ZOOM PRESENTATION"?? The CFC is not your house nor is it your fiefdom. You do not own the CFC.

Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this. This is shame to Canada, and shame to our federation.

This is my duty and it is YOUR duty as well.
    Dear Mahmud Hassain,
    As you've noted Mr. Vadim Tsypin is VP of CMA, VM of CFC and on FIDE Management Team. He has these positions for sometime already. So the case for the disqualification of Vadim you are making now could have been raised at any point in the past, however you are doing it NOW. Why? This is from your post: "Vadim is absolutely not qualified to hold neither a voting member nor a CFC delegate. From what I have gathered, his case is over for me." Lets understand: WHAT exactly have you gathered? And WHEN.
    Sasha Starr, VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this.
    Voting members have not any power to disqualify the person from elections. The CFC has not the Nomination Committee what would screen candidates and recommend them for farther elections. As the limit of % for the nomination is very low in the CFC, the person can nominate himself. The voting members can express their opinion and vote.

FYI: This forum is already public. If you want keep matters only to VMs, you need to post in http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/fo...ers-Discussion

FYI: If you will be not happy how the election proceeded you might go to a court (se NFP Act.)
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Voting members have not any power to disqualify the person from elections. The CFC has not the Nomination Committee what would screen candidates and recommend them for farther elections. As the limit of % for the nomination is very low in the CFC, the person can nominate himself. The voting members can express their opinion and vote.

FYI: This forum is already public. If you want keep matters only to VMs, you need to post in http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/fo...ers-Discussion

FYI: If you will be not happy how the election proceeded you might go to a court (se NFP Act.)
    It is bordering on a breach of fiduciary duty for a member of the board to suggest that someone might go to court on these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    It is bordering on a breach of fiduciary duty for a member of the board to suggest that someone might go to court on these matters.
    To inform the member of his "rights" is far from the breach. While it is quite different let's call it a duty of care to have informed members.
    .*-1

It makes me disturbed somewhat the luck of Mahmud Hassain's reply to my post. However will wait a little longer, I guess...

In his message there are heavy accusations against one candidate out of three, threats to disqualify etc. If it is his opinion that the other two candidates are better then Vadim Tsypin he can by no means vote for one of them, no problem. However he goes ballistic against a candidate who definitely has qualifications and meticulously voiced them here and elsewhere. Furthermore, Mahmud Hassain is not dismissing Vadim's qualifications. He's not even trying to explain what makes the other two candidates the better choices. Instead he's arguing for disqualification of the actually viable candidate! ALL VM "...who has any ounce of integrity, responsibility and eth" should disqualify Vadim Tsypin - but as you know there is not even a mechanism to achieve it! So as a minimum VM who read Mahmud Hassain's post should NOT vote for Vadim! Is that a real Mahmud Hassain message? He goes: "Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this. This is shame to Canada, and shame to our federation." It is a very heavy statement including warning and effectively an ultimatum.

That led me to believe that Mahmud Hassain has really gathered something new, unique, and extremely important information regarding Vadim. Will try one more time: Mahmud Hassain, please tell us: WHAT exactly have you gathered? And WHEN.

Sasha Starr, VM.

Blog Entries

Default Letter from FIDE Senior Trainer Israel Gelfer

doc05035520210218094115.pdf

Tel-Aviv, February 18, 2021

Board of Directors, Chess Federation of Canada
    Canadian chess community

Dear chess friends,

As you know, I served with distinction for many years as the FIDE Vice-President and the ranking member of the Commission for World Championships & Olympiads (WCOC). Canada was always a part of our team. I had many wonderful interactions with Mr. Hal Bond who was the Canada delegate and one of the favorites of former President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov and Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos. Mr. Bond always had an ear of the FIDE leadership and was appointed to the most prestigious competitions in his personal capacity as an arbiter. My only regret was that FIDE never organized any competition in Canada nor assisted your federation in any significant way. I salute Mr. Bond for his years of service and I will keep great memories of the conversations that Mr. Makropoulos, he and I held together.

Our team has achieved a lot at FIDE: unified the World Championship cycle, started World Cups and the Grand Prix events, held fantastic Olympiads in Tromso and Baku. We did what we believed was good for chess at the moment. Still, everything in this world has an expiry date. The October 2018 FIDE election was about competing visions for the FIDE future in the 21st century. Mr. Arkady Dvorkovich’s dynamic New Horizons team won resoundingly. Most of us veterans of the previous administration sailed gently into sunset but kept watching the new FIDE’s efforts bringing our noble game to a higher level.

I came across the fact that your federation is about to choose a new FIDE delegate. I do not know the other candidates but I do know Mr. Vadim Tsypin and I believe he will contribute a lot to the world of chess and Canadian chess as well.

The first time I met Vadim Tsypin in person was at the FIDE Congress in Batumi, Georgia, where he distinguished himself as a member of Arkady Dvorkovich’s FIDE Presidential Election campaign. As designated representatives of both candidates, Mr. Tsypin and I served along with Chief Scrutineer Ms. Carol Jarecki (British Virgin Islands) on a vote integrity committee at the FIDE Congress.

Even though we were on opposing sides, I could not help but notice how efficient Vadim was in providing analytics, preparing for the commission hearings, managing and structuring a flow of incoming information. My understanding is that Vadim speaks at least three languages fluently so he was able to reach out to many delegates even across the aisle and to make his mark in several important meetings. All this time, Vadim remained unfailingly polite and courteous. He treats his opponents with utmost respect; he discusses ideas and concepts, never lowering himself to ad hominem attacks. However, I had more than one opportunity to find out that Vadim is an experienced debater who puts forward surgically precise and clinically lethal arguments that prevail over his opponents’ logic.

It was a pleasure for me to work with Ms. Jarecki and Mr. Tsypin on a vote integrity committee (please see photos attached). We completed our work in a professional respectful manner and the results were ratified by both candidates’ campaigns, which closed the page on the 2018 election.

As I keep relations with my friends in FIDE administration, I am well informed of FIDE’s current activities. I see that Vadim is a consummate professional who garners universal respect from colleagues in the chess world. That’s why it was no surprise for anyone that Vadim Tsypin was appointed to a crucial position of the Secretary of the Management Board. Vadim’s role has been important in projects that became hallmarks of the new FIDE, such as elimination of various fees.

As mentioned above, I believe that Mr. Vadim Tsypin will make a perfect Canadian delegate to FIDE.

Sincerely,

Israel Gelfer

My reply:

Dear FIDE Senior Trainer Israel Gelfer,

Thank you, for your endorsement letter in favour of Mr. Vadim Tsypin and for your kind words about Mr. Hal Bond.

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that I have a well-worn copy of your "Positional Chess Handbook" which has given me many hours of enjoyment and which I suspect will continue to do so for many years into the future. Thank you, for authoring this book.

With warmest regards,

Vladimir Drkulec
    President, Chess Federation of Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Common, Vlad! This is not a suggestion for somebody to go to the court. Egis is just explaining voting procedure in CFC.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast