Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 5. Proposal to amend bylaws to reflect that all Executive members are CFC Directors

My point if we're starting to edit the By-Laws, then that shall be done properly and not just changing words here and there.

Btw,

President - The shall be the chief executive officer
    Between two bold words, imho a "president" is missing.

In the last month I read our articles, bylaws, and NFPA more than ever. Read some supplemental materials, read what other organizations have. If we really wanna indeed grow, what means also increased number of VMs -- we might be ready for that at the governance level too. This covid time might be good for that as no OTB tournaments to organize, though online ones picked up quite well.
    .*-1

To pass or not, this shall be in the voting booth at some moment.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    To pass or not, this shall be in the voting booth at some moment.
    The motion should be written completely before being sent to the Voting Booth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I thought it was so we will have to add it to the April meeting.

I assume that would have been the text

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...6647#post36647

While it had not the official seconder, the discussion followed, so let's say it was silently seconded
    .*-1

Blog Entries

I assume that would have been the text

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...6647#post36647

While it had not the official seconder, the discussion followed, so let's say it was silently seconded
    I think once we get through this meeting we should seriously consider moving to zoom meetings where the meetings are recorded and available on youtube or some other platform. We can have discussions on the forums leading up to the meeting.

Having meetings in a written format on a forum necessarily means that Roberts rules of order are more difficult to implement. The discussions are simultaneous in effect with people joining and leaving the room multiple times over the course of a meeting. There is no requirement in the NFP act to follow Roberts rules. We dispensed with the requirement for a seconder on many questions because there is nothing in the NFP act that suggests that it is required.

With the kind of explosive allegations being thrown around here and elsewhere, and the understandable reaction of FIDE wanting to get to the bottom of it, it is not possible to be focused 100% on this meeting. If the FIDE president Arkady Dvorkovich has some questions for me, I think it is my duty to respond to him and any requests from the FIDE legal department very quickly. They are also being defamed.

Board confidentiality has been shredded. Things have been quoted out of context in an attempt to smear. Once that happens, the only way to resolve the situation may be a wikileaks type dump of all the relevant email discussion threads to provide full context. Perhaps the full text of board discussions should be public after a certain period aside from those that have privacy implications. At this point, there is no discussion between myself and several individuals including Hal Bond which I will not consider releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Perhaps the full text of board discussions should be public after a certain period aside from those that have privacy implications.

Board of directors' meeting minutes are available to directors only, that how I read NFPA.

(3) A corporation shall prepare and maintain adequate accounting records and records containing minutes of meetings of the directors and any committee of directors as well as resolutions adopted by the directors or any committee of directors.
    Directors’ access to records

(7) The records described in subsections (1) and (3) shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by the directors. The corporation shall, at the request of any director, provide them with any extract of the records free of charge.

Access to corporate records

22 (1) A member, a member’s personal representative and a creditor of a corporation may examine and, on payment of any reasonable fee, take extracts from the records referred to in paragraphs 21(1)(a) to (f) during the corporation’s usual business hours.
    Members can not access director minutes or whatever is in (3).

As it is in the Act, bylaws or articles can not over trumped that.

The directors' resolutions shall come with a note "publish online" or something those meanings if needed.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

I shall not take any rash actions quickly. I will take actions at some point. I do have to respond to FIDE's requests for information.

This morning my blood pressure was 197/99 with a heart rate of 91. I ascribe this to this meeting and the campaign going on. Last week my BP was something like 132/86 when taking it for a phone meeting with my endocrinologist which tends to be a tad stressful though I have been having readings in the 120s pre-craziness.

Board of directors' meeting minutes are available to directors only, that how I read NFPA.

Members can not access director minutes or whatever is in (3).

As it is in the Act, bylaws or articles can not over trumped that.

The directors' resolutions shall come with a note "publish online" or something those meanings if needed.
    I disagree, you cannot restrict the directors access to those records because the Law explicitly grant them access, but the Law does not prevent the members from accessing those records with the permission of the board of directors or with and Addition to the Article of Incorporation. In Quebec, a judge can order an NFP to grant access to a member.

The Law is so labelled because the minutes of the Executive may contain confidential information. In France, the members get a summery of the decisions after each Executive meeting, this summary exclude all confidential matters but it is better then hiding the whole minutes.

I disagree, you cannot restrict the directors access to those records because the Law explicitly grant them access, but the Law does not prevent the members from accessing those records with the permission of the board of directors or with and Addition to the Article of Incorporation. In Quebec, a judge can order an NFP to grant access to a member.

The Law is so labelled because the minutes of the Executive may contain confidential information. In France, the members get a summery of the decisions after each Executive meeting, this summary exclude all confidential matters but it is better then hiding the whole minutes.
    Let's stick just to NFP Act.

Could you please point (if you know) any nfp corporation incorporated accordingly with NFPA that releases minutes or have provisions to show them?
    .*-1

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast