Thread: Hal Bond resigns as CFC FIDE representative

Blog Entries

Default Hal Bond resigns as CFC FIDE representative

It is with sadness that I have to report Hal Bond has resigned as the CFC's FIDE representative effective yesterday. A former CFC President, Hal Bond has held this position for many years and guided us through many tumultuous situations. We will have more to say about this in the coming days once we resolve the mechanism of finding and naming a replacement. We have a candidate in mind but have to work out the details with Hal Bond, the new candidate, the board and at the same time make sure that we comply with the requirements of the NFP act and our CFC bylaws in the process. We wish Hal Bond the best in all of his future endeavours.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-21-2021 at 10:48 AM.

I would like to thank Hal for his considerable contributions
    not only as FIDE representative (an immensely challenging job I am certain)
    but also for his contributions to the CFC for many years.

I would also like to thank Hal for his tremendous contributions, not just to Canadian chess, but also to FIDE. I've been blessed with some chess travel in my life, and it's so impressive how widely respected Hal is around the world. I believe this is because he always tries to do what's right for chess, for FIDE, and for the CFC.

Canadian chess has a proud history of key individuals through the decades, who have made genuine differences with FIDE. I salute Hal for representing Canada!

On a more personal note, there's no way I could be where I am now, were it not for the gracious and insightful mentoring of my good friend Hal over the years!

All the best Hal, thank you, Aris.

I read the news with sadness. Hal is someone who has contributed so much to chess in Canada and I can't really think of anyone else that has devoted so much as him.

I can only say " Thank You so much " for your contribution to Canada and I wish you all the best.

CFC and chess in Canada is really going to miss him very much.

Gary

Blog Entries

Thank you Hal for your dedication and work all these years! You have inspired many of us to do more for chess in Canada. We all know that our time eventually comes to an end in any position; now yours has come. You are still a friend and inspiration. You will not be forgotten. Please reach out at anytime if I can help in any way
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8