Thread: Eric Van Dusen

Blog Entries

Default Eric Van Dusen

We are seeing reports that former CFC president Eric Van Dusen has passed away. There are no details yet. He was posting on facebook a few days ago.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

After I contacted fellow Ottawa NM Bob Gelblum last night about this Discussion Board thread, he sent a message to Eric today, and his wife Arlene replied. She wrote that Eric died 2 January this year, apparently of an enlarged heart. There won't be a funeral for now, due to Covid-19 concerns, but an informal remembrance get-together may happen sooner, Covid-19 concerns permitting. Arlene has already put news of Eric's passing on Facebook. I'd add that relatively recently they had moved to Constance Bay, in the northwest part of the Ottawa area.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Thank you Kevin for this update. May he rest in peace.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Amen to that.

I last saw Eric five days before the end, and Bob saw him three days after that (he was dropping off chess books that he'd ordered online, for both of us), and he was in good spirits, so I would guess that the end must have been quite sudden.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.