Thread: Little improvements to life

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default Little improvements to life

Here's a concept: what little improvements might be made to the lives of people? - not necessarily the avoidance of things that cause common pet peeves for people.

One idea of mine is inspired by the this time of year. I've noticed that after the holiday season, few songs are played in public places (e.g. malls) that bring much cheer to everyone during the rest of the winter. Two songs that it would be nice to hear played until winter's end would be 'Walking in a winter wonderland' and 'Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!'. Neither song contains any direct reference to Christmas, as far as I know, and yet both would bring lots of cheer to the whole of winter (at least for me).

P.S.: Jingle Bells is also considered a Christmas song, yet contains no reference to that holiday.

P.P.S.: a now controversial old 'holiday song', of late:
    cbc.ca/news/entertainment/Baby It's Cold Outside is returning to Canadian airwaves:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...Too%20movement.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 07-09-2023 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Adding link
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

An old article that lists 7 self-improvement suggestions:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances...h=40d8bcee896f
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.