Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.2 - Discussion Items - National Events

Default 5.2 - Discussion Items - National Events

This thread is intended for discussion events. Several events have been cancelled in 2020 and there are important policy implications to be discussed.

I get that this might seem premature, but I think we need to plan the dates of our next quarterly meeting.

The timing of that will impact when we decide about the 2021 Canadian Closed, and of course any Zonal(s).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I get that this might seem premature, but I think we need to plan the dates of our next quarterly meeting.

The timing of that will impact when we decide about the 2021 Canadian Closed, and of course any Zonal(s).
    I doubt that we will be in a position to run a zonal at Easter based on what the doctors are saying. That could change if they are able scale up the number of projected vaccinations.

We could have a meeting in March or April or even May. I am open to suggestions of what people would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I doubt that we will be in a position to run a zonal at Easter based on what the doctors are saying. That could change if they are able scale up the number of projected vaccinations.

We could have a meeting in March or April or even May. I am open to suggestions of what people would like to see.
    I agree with what you are saying. What I am suggesting is deferring our next round of decisions to a certain date. Of course, as we approach that date, we could decide to defer again. I just don't see much value in making decisions now, given all the unknowns. I propose after the Victoria Day long weekend. Anyone else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. What I am suggesting is deferring our next round of decisions to a certain date. Of course, as we approach that date, we could decide to defer again. I just don't see much value in making decisions now, given all the unknowns. I propose after the Victoria Day long weekend. Anyone else?
    That would be May 30th - June 6th.

AGM is tentatively scheduled for August 22nd - 29th.

If we agreed on that schedule we might reserve the option of an additional meeting if required. If our finances deteriorated for example that would be a good reason to hold an additional meeting.

That would be May 30th - June 6th.

AGM is tentatively scheduled for August 22nd - 29th.

If we agreed on that schedule we might reserve the option of an additional meeting if required. If our finances deteriorated for example that would be a good reason to hold an additional meeting.
    Agreed. Another reason to add an earlier meeting would be if there was somehow a miraculous improvement in the health care situation, earlier than expected.

Blog Entries

Bob Gillanders just copied me an email from CBC sports where they indicated an interest in streaming either the Canadian Open, Canadian Closed or both if they should happen this year.

Bob Gillanders just copied me an email from CBC sports where they indicated an interest in streaming either the Canadian Open, Canadian Closed or both if they should happen this year.
    That would give us a good visibility.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Please do CC me!

Yeah, two weeks are left of this year
    .*-1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast