Thread: Hamissauga Marathon 5

Default Hamissauga Marathon 5

Hello everyone,

The 5th in our Marathon series starts tonight at 7pm EST.

I call it a Marathon because it is set at the maximum allowed by LiChess, 100 rounds.
    The longest we have achieved in our first 4 events has been 8 rounds. It is setup as a Swiss tournament, not Arena format, so once the computer has exhausted all possible pairings, it terminates the tournament. The problem is we need many more players to keep the event going. TC is 10 +5 so each round is approximately half an hour. By the time we get past 6 rounds, some players are heading for bed. Hence we are starting 1 hour earlier this week, hoping to squeeze out and extra couple of rounds with the existing players.

But we need a lot more players to get even close to our eventual goal of 100 rounds. If we do ever get there, it means we start Wednesday but finish sometime Friday evening.

Nobody is expected to play 100 games. Join whenever you want, leave whenever you want (but remember to click withdrawal first), then rejoin whenever you want.

Join in the fun, and invite your friends.

https://lichess.org/swiss/xY5cdWp8

The event is not CFC Rated, no entry fee, no prize fund. Just bragging right as an Iron Man.
    It is LiChess rated, so be warned.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 12-02-2020 at 12:22 PM.

We reached 9 rounds with 22 players in total. New highs.
    I have setup Hamissauga Marathon 6 for next Wednesday starting at 7pm.

https://lichess.org/swiss/P0U4kMKU

We will reach that goal of 100 rounds eventually.
    Be a part. Help us out.
    Drop in for just 1 game if you want.

I was going to remind everyone that our next marathon event is tomorrow night,
    but now my account on LiChess has been suspended for

"The account is banned for using computer assistance".

Of course this is utterly ridiculous, but so far this is all the explanation I have received from the LiChess Team.

You have no idea how pissed I am at this moment.
    Well, I guess a few other victims of false positives do understand.

sdkmvnkdsjfnjdznvkznkzdmnv34985y3q94 vn9weuyv oiwqhviweurhg

just me screaming into the abyss.

The tournament appear to still be there, if anyone wants to try and join, see if it works.
    I guess I can assign somebody else to be team leader.

Many thanks to friends who have expressed support for me in my battle with LiChess.
    I have appealed to LiChess that I have never used computer assistance in my online games, and that this is a case of a false positive.

I have received the expected reply. Here it is:

LiChess

We are continuously improving our cheat detection so that we can aggressively prevent cheating while minimizing the false positives. After investigating your case, we have determined that our cheat detection algorithms flagged your account with sufficient evidence for the mark to remain.

Lichess has strong detection methods and a very thorough process for reviewing all the evidence and making a decision. The process sometimes involves many moderators and can take a long time. Other than the mark itself, we will not go into details about evidence or the decision making process for individual cases. It is a strict Lichess policy to not discuss the specifics of cheat detection publicly with anyone ever, doing so would make it easier for cheaters to avoid detection and be an invitation to many unproductive debates.

Any attempts to start such a debate will be ignored.

-----------------------------

I will continue to appeal my case.

Blog Entries

I really don't know what to do with these online platforms. We recently had a tournament where there were two cameras on every participant. There were multiple arbiters all recording and rolling through the cameras. And yet they still flagged three players for Fair Play violations. Platforms refuse to say what their evidence is for their Fair Play violation allegations. In at least one case, the player played very badly. They don't give us anything the CFC could act on or have very much confidence in.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 12-10-2020 at 01:07 AM.

I am happy to report my appeal has been successful.

Message from LiChess:

Apologies, we undertook a further review.

After investigating your case, we have determined that our cheat detection algorithms flagged your account mistakenly.

We are continuously improving our cheat detection so that we can aggressively prevent cheating while minimizing the false positives. We apologize for the inconvenience, and have now removed the mark on your account.

Blog Entries

"Flagged your account mistakenly". What does that even mean? Shouldn't they have done the investigating before they proceeded with a suspension?