Thread: (NOTICE) 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships - Nov 8, 2020

Default 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships - Nov 8, 2020

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships is a qualifier to the Selection Stage (Continental) of FIDE Online World Cadets & Youth Rapid Chess Championships.

Hi Everyone,

I should probably start my “CFC Forum Career” by shortly introducing myself. I am GM Gergely Szabo from Romania, reasonably active in Canadian chess over the past few years – some of the members here probably also know me personally. Let my first post on this forum be an invite for a brand new event, the National Youth Active Online Chess Championships!

Juniors to Masters Chess Academy Inc. as sanctioned by the Chess Federation of Canada, invites Canada's youth Chess Players to the first ever National Youth Active Online Chess Championships on Saturday, November 8, 2020.

Proceeds from this National event will be used in part to fund:
    1. A special group training for the 10 Section National Online Champions led by Team Canada Head Coach Grandmaster Gergely Szabo with other Masters from the National Training Program for Canadian Youths.

2. A contribution to the CFC Youth Fund to continue the advancement of Canadian Youth Chess.

For more information and to register: https://juniorstomasters.site123.me/...-championships

Having the opportunity to closely watch the growth of (youth) chess in Canada lately, I'm hoping many talented Canadian young players will participate on our event – and I'm eagerly awaiting the occasion to work with the Champions from each age group!
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 10-25-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Welcome to the CFC Forum Gergely! It's great to see you taking a more active role in "internal" Canadian affairs.

Kudos to you and Victoria for conceiving and organizing this National Youth event, and to the CFC Executive for supporting this initiative and placing it in an appropriate framework. All the best with the Championship! I will place your information in French on the FQE sites / forums; hope to see many Quebec youth players taking part.

Blog Entries

Default Thread: (NOTICE) 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships - Nov 8, 2020

MISE À JOUR IMPORTANTE : Les Championnats nationaux d'échecs en ligne actifs des jeunes 2020 sont une qualification pour la phase de sélection (continentale) des Championnats du monde en ligne de la FIDE pour les cadets et les jeunes.

Bonjour à tous,

Je devrais probablement commencer ma "carrière au Forum des FCC" en me présentant brièvement. Je suis le GM Gergely Szabo de Roumanie, raisonnablement actif aux échecs canadiens ces dernières années - certains des membres ici présents me connaissent probablement aussi personnellement. Que mon premier message sur ce forum soit une invitation à un tout nouvel événement, les Championnats nationaux d'échecs en ligne pour les jeunes actifs !

Juniors to Masters Chess Academy Inc., tel que sanctionné par la Fédération canadienne des échecs, invite les jeunes joueurs d'échecs canadiens au tout premier championnat national d'échecs en ligne pour les jeunes actifs, le samedi 8 novembre 2020.

Les recettes de cet événement national seront en partie utilisées pour le financement :
    1. Un entraînement de groupe spécial pour les champions nationaux en ligne des 10 sections, dirigé par le grand maître Gergely Szabo, entraîneur en chef de l'équipe du Canada, avec d'autres maîtres du programme national d'entraînement des jeunes Canadiens.

2. Une contribution au Fonds pour la jeunesse des FCC afin de poursuivre l'avancement des échecs pour la jeunesse canadienne.

Pour plus d'informations et pour vous inscrire : https://juniorstomasters.site123.me/...-championships

Ayant eu l'occasion de suivre de près la croissance des échecs (de jeunes) au Canada ces derniers temps, j'espère que de nombreux jeunes joueurs canadiens talentueux participeront à notre événement - et j'attends avec impatience l'occasion de travailler avec les champions de chaque groupe d'âge !

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 10-26-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Default (NOTICE) 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships - Nov 8, 2020

Test Test Test

FIDE Online World Cadet and Youth (Under 10-18) Rapid Chess Championships.
    Regulation file: here

CFC is very excited about this FIDE Online World Cadet and Youth (Under 10-18) Rapid Chess Championships.
    · 5 different age groups – under 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 2 sections - open and girls. Players of the Championships must not have reached their 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th birthday, respectively, before January 1stof the year 2020.
    · Every Chess Federation can register one player per each category in the selection stage.
    · American Selection Stage: December 2-4, 2020
    · In the selection stage, every FIDE continent will play ten separates online 7-rounds Swiss System tournaments.
    · The time control for the selection stage will be 10 minutes + 3 second increment starting from the first move.
    · First three winners per category for each FIDE continent will be qualified to the final stages.
    · FINAL STAGE 19 – 23 December 2020

Since each National Federation can only register one player per each age category. CFC is honored to announce 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships organized by Juniors to Masters Chess Academy (JtM) as the qualifier tournament to the Selection Stage of FIDE Online World Cadet and Youth Rapid Chess Championship.

Qualifier Tournament: 2020 National Youth Active Online Chess Championships
    https://juniorstomasters.site123.me/...-championships

The winner of each age group will be the official representative to the Selection Stage of FIDE Online Rapid Chess Championships. Winners will also be invited to a special group training lead by Team Canada Head Coach GM Gergely Szabo and other Masters in November 2020.

Important Dates:
    National Youth Tournament date: Nov 8. (**Date is changed from Nov 14 to Nov 8)
    Registration closes: Nov 5.
    Early Bird registration ends: Oct 29.
    Mandatory Quality check for Zoom: Nov 2 and Nov 4.

Invited Players:
    4.3 Additionally, players ranked Continental top 1-10 (excluding personal right players, see 5.2)
    according to FIDE Standard Rating by 01.10.2020 per each age/gender category from each FIDE
    continent are invited to the selection stage.

Congratulations to the following players who are already invited into World Rapid
    U12O Atanasov, Anthony
    U12O Zhong, Kevin
    U10G Myrzaibraimova, Alia
    U12G Li, Julia
    U12G Hua, Michelle
    U18G Ouellet, Maili-Jade

I will work along with JtM for this exciting event. If you have any questions, please contact me at cfcyouthchess@gmail.com

Regards
    Christina Tao
    CFC Youth Coordinator
    Last edited by Christina Tao; 10-27-2020 at 11:01 PM.