Thread: Chess Federation of Canada Club on Chess.com grows with Team Canada merger

Blog Entries

Default Chess Federation of Canada Club on Chess.com grows with Team Canada merger

The Chess Federation of Canada Club on Chess.com has merged with the Team Canada Live club on the same platform. The membership of the combined club is about 2900+ members. The former Team Canada Live club will now gain access to matches and leagues which are only available to national federations. The CFC will gain access to experienced online organizers of matches with many countries and our players will have the opportunity to play in these matches. This is clearly a win-win which expands the CFC online presence. Many of the members of the club are current, former or future regular CFC members. If you are a member of chess.com, or the old Chess Federation of Canada club on Chess.com we encourage you to join new combined club at

https://www.chess.com/club/chess-federation-of-canada

That's fun! I joined the CFC "club" recently, and haven't figured out all the settings yet.

For example, is there a default time control for "club matches"?
    And the upcoming (tomorrow) Team Galicia ones don't show up in my own notifications.

Thanks in advance for any hints anyone could provide to me!
    (I'm willing to pay for the call to call you and be guided to it)
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Blog Entries

The old CFC club had about 130 members versus the 2800 plus of Team Canada Live so we changed the name of that to old Chess Federation of Canada club and we are asking everyone to join the new CFC club at

Once you join, you will see notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    The old CFC club had about 130 members versus the 2800 plus of Team Canada Live so we changed the name of that to old Chess Federation of Canada club and we are asking everyone to join the new CFC club at

Once you join, you will see notifications.
    Yes, I joined the new club, but still not getting the notifications. A kind reader is trying to help me, as I scrub through all my Chess.com settings, both general and club-specific. Vlad, you don't have to, but if you remember, when you see one of their event notifications, can you text me? That'll gimme an hour to troubleshoot?!