Thread: 11.7 Campaign thread for Director At Large

Blog Entries

Default 11.7 Campaign thread for Director At Large

This is the campaign thread for the director at large position. The candidates so far are the incumbent Mark Dutton and the current Women's Coordinator Pierre Denomme.

International Arbiter
    Master of Computer Science, former lecturer, mostly in C++

Member of the board of at least one non-profit organization since 1992.
    Former president of the Montreal Chess League
    Former FQÉ Executive
    Former CFC Treasurer

Current president of Lanaudière Chess League, a risky bet in a region with few chess players.

I have practical experience in anti-cheating at the FQÉ level.

I have been a lecturer in many FQÉ LTD seminars. Quebec has not only produced many GM, it is also a good source of IA and FA. My latest achievement is a examination server suitable for taking online examinations. All multiple choice questions are automatically graded and the lecturer only need to mark the traditional questions.

I would add another province to the CFC Board of Directors. Something that looks good if we ever ask for Federal Funding. I do believe that we should change our approach. We should no longer try to be financed by Sports Canada, but we should unite with go, draughts and bridge to convince the government to finance the yet to be created Mind Sports Canada. Sports Canada is very elitist and its main focus is having Canadians in the top 12 and the first half (in case there are few participants in the World event) of the World Championship or the World Cup. This is not an objective that we could achieve in the short term.

Default Past President and seasoned Executive member - I will stand again for this position

Past President and seasoned Executive member - I will stand again for this position of CFC Director at Large.

As a long time member of the executive and a great working relationship with other executive members and the CFC business office - I will stand for this position on the CFC executive again.

I began my chess "career" in 1972 and have been actively involved in chess organization, federations and organizations from local clubs to the World Chess Federation and all levels in between.

Thanks very much for your support.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.
    BCCF

https://ratings.fide.com/profile/261...iter_organizer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    International Arbiter (2004); International Organizer (2011)

Canadian tournament organizer and director since 1972, having directed more than 600 tournaments in Canada (in Quebec, Ontario and Alberta and BC)

Served on Executive and Board of Directors of the Toronto Chess Club, Greater Toronto Chess League, Ontario Chess Association; and more than 25 years as Governor of Chess Federation of Canada

President, club manager Scarborough Chess Club, 1993-1998

Served BCCF as a Director and Victoria Chess as a TD and the CFC on the Executive since relocating to British Columbia.

https://ratings.fide.com/profile/261...iter_organizer

Congratulations Mark!