Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
Hello Pierre, could you forward to the CFC Executive any contact information for such insurance? People like myself have been going on about this for years now, but the task is just big enough that it's understandably difficult for someone to actually run with it to the finish line. The CFC Executive can decide who'll do the actual work embedding such insurance for all of us, and I welcome whoever that is, Executive or not. And I agree that a working Ethics Commission reduces risk.
In Quebec, this is a non-issue. The Quebec Government pays for the insurance of all recognized Federations and all Federations offer this coverage to all Leagues and affiliated Clubs for a fee, which in the case of the FQÉ is $95 per year. All arbiters are also covered for free because, in Quebec, nobody as ever won a court case against an arbiter, a referee, an umpire or a sports judge.

In order to reduce the cost, such insurance should be purchased collectively by the CFC for all provincial association other then the FQE and for its affiliate. Such insurance could be a very good reason to affiliate.

According to what was said in the 2019 FQÉ AGM, the FQÉ could offer its insurance coverage to the CFC.