Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.1 Presidential Campaign Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Hello Pierre, could you forward to the CFC Executive any contact information for such insurance? People like myself have been going on about this for years now, but the task is just big enough that it's understandably difficult for someone to actually run with it to the finish line. The CFC Executive can decide who'll do the actual work embedding such insurance for all of us, and I welcome whoever that is, Executive or not. And I agree that a working Ethics Commission reduces risk.
    In Quebec, this is a non-issue. The Quebec Government pays for the insurance of all recognized Federations and all Federations offer this coverage to all Leagues and affiliated Clubs for a fee, which in the case of the FQÉ is $95 per year. All arbiters are also covered for free because, in Quebec, nobody as ever won a court case against an arbiter, a referee, an umpire or a sports judge.

In order to reduce the cost, such insurance should be purchased collectively by the CFC for all provincial association other then the FQE and for its affiliate. Such insurance could be a very good reason to affiliate.

According to what was said in the 2019 FQÉ AGM, the FQÉ could offer its insurance coverage to the CFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    In Quebec, this is a non-issue. The Quebec Government pays for the insurance of all recognized Federations and all Federations offer this coverage to all Leagues and affiliated Clubs for a fee, which in the case of the FQÉ is $95 per year. All arbiters are also covered for free because, in Quebec, nobody as ever won a court case against an arbiter, a referee, an umpire or a sports judge.

In order to reduce the cost, such insurance should be purchased collectively by the CFC for all provincial association other then the FQE and for its affiliate. Such insurance could be a very good reason to affiliate.

According to what was said in the 2019 FQÉ AGM, the FQÉ could offer its insurance coverage to the CFC.
    Cher Pierre, vous etes magnifique!

(priere d'excuser mon clavier unilingue, sans accents)

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    If you try to remove an elected officer without following the procedure established in the bylaw then yes you could be sued. This by the way is the reason that we didn't have a third quarterly meeting as we were immersed in these discussions.

The problem with that situation was that you wanted to invoke disciplinary procedure in a hurry, without following the rules of that disciplinary procedure which is written in our bylaw. You wanted to railroad someone without following due process and without following the steps required by our bylaws or alternatively by the NFP act.
    Everything is in the Act, there is no place for improvisation. What is in our bylaw is the procedure to revoke the membership of a CFC member. Not all judges admit this kind of backdoor termination of a Director.

We consulted with Les Bunning and followed the course of action which he advised. I was asked to do something which violated my fiduciary duty to the CFC and was against the advice of Les Bunning. I refused. There is no requirement for me to follow an order which is not properly predicated in our disciplinary rules. You want to pursue a personal vendetta and put the CFC at risk of a lawsuit that would likely lead to a payout in the $200,000 to $400,000 range which is all of our assets potentially along with opening a huge can of worms and liability elsewhere for all of the executive.
    The VM are totally unaware of a situation that could bankrupt the CFC.

We know only a single side of the story.

Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    J. Michael Straczynski

Blog Entries

Interesting. Someone is trying to hack into my google account.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Everything is in the Act, there is no place for improvisation. What is in our bylaw is the procedure to revoke the membership of a CFC member. Not all judges admit this kind of backdoor termination of a Director.

The VM are totally unaware of a situation that could bankrupt the CFC.

We know only a single side of the story.

Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    J. Michael Straczynski

The VM's would have been aware had the situation escalated because the member can always appeal any decision made by the executive to the voting members. I can document everything I say.

We were not in danger of bankruptcy unless we took an action which I refused to take.

Whoever is trying to hack my gmail account is barking up the wrong tree.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 08-19-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Seriously?! You're posting THAT here in this critical election thread?! Come ON, we're all better than that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Seriously?! You're posting THAT here in this critical election thread?! Come ON, we're all better than that!!
    Must be the russian hackers. Well the rabbit is partly out of the hat, I hope we get to see it in all its glory.

If you try to remove an elected officer without following the procedure established in the bylaw then yes you could be sued. This by the way is the reason that we didn't have a third quarterly meeting as we were immersed in these discussions.

The problem with that situation was that you wanted to invoke disciplinary procedure in a hurry, without following the rules of that disciplinary procedure which is written in our bylaw. You wanted to railroad someone without following due process and without following the steps required by our bylaws or alternatively by the NFP act. In the middle of our process of discussion you invoked closure when the exact format of our response was not yet formulated and the exact nature of our response was not part of a consensus. We consulted with Les Bunning and followed the course of action which he advised. I was asked to do something which violated my fiduciary duty to the CFC and was against the advice of Les Bunning. I refused. There is no requirement for me to follow an order which is not properly predicated in our disciplinary rules. You want to pursue a personal vendetta and put the CFC at risk of a lawsuit that would likely lead to a payout in the $200,000 to $400,000 range which is all of our assets potentially along with opening a huge can of worms and liability elsewhere for all of the executive.

It seems at least in part to me that you were attempting to curry favour with some of your friends at FIDE about an alleged problem at FIDE but that you were asking the CFC and its executive to take on the risk of huge liability to accomplish it.

At the beginning, the middle, and at the end I offered to support you with a full public exposition of what happened and what was happening at the time of the FIDE election. You told me you didn't want to do that as that would put you in an awkward position with the FIDE president.

If you want a CFC president who will stand up to even his friends when they are wrong, vote for me. If you want someone who will bend the rules of the CFC to get an "enemy" of his friend railroaded contrary to the rules then you should probably pick someone else.
    You and I remember this very differently Vlad. That’s ok, much time has elapsed. I have been seeking some kind of resolution to this matter since October of 2018. If we had an Ethics Commission, this would have been handled back then. A published code of conduct consistent with our values may have prevented this and subsequent unethical behaviours in the first place.

If this was a personal vendetta I would have handled it personally. This was an assault on our Federation. As you know everyone else on the Executive is on record seeking greater action than was taken.

Identifying unethical behaviour by a CFC member is not “currying favour” to some friends in FIDE. It is doing the right thing for the CFC. Establishing an Ethics Commission, which you seem to oppose, is not “railroading” anyone’s “enemy”. It is doing the right thing for the CFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    Establishing an Ethics Commission, which you seem to oppose, is not “railroading” anyone’s “enemy”. It is doing the right thing for the CFC.
    Establishing a Code of Ethics is just as important has having an Ethics Commission, otherwise, nobody knows what the Ethics Commission is supposed to enforced. Furthermore, no CFC rule can have a retroactive effect, so it cannot be applied to past incidents.

Is this past case officially closed, or could it be reopened with a change of President?

Not anyone from the CFC for sure. Any information gathered in such manner is inadmissible in court. Furthermore, such activity is criminal.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast