Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5A4. New Business

Vlad mentioned camera monitoring.
    Is anyone currently doing that for ONL in Canada?
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

" I feel that we need a broad consensus on the measures applied. Below are the main questions we would like to have your opinion on:

1. Our methods of detection, although very advanced and ever-improving, can't provide a 100% confirmation. In many cases, the probability estimated is higher than the one for DNA tests. Do you believe a statistical algorithm (or a combination of those) giving close to 100% probability of cheating could stand as sufficient grounds for banning a player? If yes - what odds would you find sufficient?

2. Shall FIDE apply sanctions for alleged online violations to over-the-board-play (and vice versa)?

3. Shall we apply sanctions for alleged violations at platforms’ own events, and other unofficial online events, to official FIDE online events (and vice versa)?

4. Shall we publish the names of alleged violators after the very first conviction?

5. Shall the violators be punished retroactively, with their prize money, rating and titles been revoked for some period preceding the verdict? And, if yes, how far back should these actions go?

6. What would you consider a reasonable banning period for first-time violators, and for repeat offenders? How strict should be the measures in youth competitions?

There are many questions and some of them are related to the moral and legal aspects of the subject. Having a fair and transparent system will require a trusted framework. The worst thing to do would be to ban an innocent player.
    "
    August 19 FIDE President address on anti-cheating policies.

Blog Entries

I just posted the full letter from the FIDE president on the Chess and COVID thread before I looked over here and saw your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I just posted the full letter from the FIDE president on the Chess and COVID thread before I looked over here and saw your post.
    The more places readers can access the address on anti-cheating, the better. Mind you, these meeting threads are transient in nature so it might make sense to post in a sticky thread in another section that will stay, for all CFC Forum visitors to peruse.
    Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; 08-19-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    Vlad mentioned camera monitoring.
    Is anyone currently doing that for ONL in Canada?
    Paul, I have replied to your question under the thread "Chess in a COVID-19 Environment" since it is more relevant there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    The more places readers can access the address on anti-cheating, the better. Mind you, these meeting threads are transient in nature so it might make sense to post in a sticky thread in another section that will stay, for all CFC Forum visitors to peruse.

I have put it up on CFC news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12