Thread: FIDE has announced a new online tournament for titled Women

Hybrid View

Default FIDE has announced a new online tournament for titled Women

I have sent an email to every Women that is on my emails list, but I do not have the email of all Canadian titled Women. If you want to be added, please send me your email. That is especially important because I may need to contact you when FIDE puts us on a tight schedule.

The first stage is "open to any titled women player (WCM/WFM/WIM/WGM/IM/GM)". All Canadian titled women are cordially invited to participate.

Full announcement and Regulations.

Updates from FIDE

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We would like to inform you that there have been some changes to the schedule of the Women's Speed Championship that kicks off tomorrow, June 18th:

The first three Swiss tournaments will begin at 7 am PDT / 2 pm GMT, as it was initially planned.

However, the last three Swiss tournaments will begin at 9 am PDT / 4 pm GMT, to propitiate the participation of players from the American Continent.

We apologize for the inconvenience that these changes may cause you, but we believe that this new schedule is more balanced and fair to players from all time zones. For reference, you can find a detailed schedule below.

As for the registration: please note that players can register by navigating to the upcoming tournaments tab located at Chess.com/live up to one hour before each qualifier begins. All participants must have their full legal name in their profile or will be removed from the competition.

Contact points:

The Chief Arbiter for this competition will be Tshepiso Lopang: tlopang2000@yahoo.com

For questions related to Chess.com, please don't hesitate to contact Nick Barton: nick@chess.com.