Thread: CYCC and Canadian Open 2020 cancelled

Blog Entries

Default CYCC and Canadian Open 2020 cancelled

I just spoke to Ken Green, the organizer of the 2020 CYCC and Canadian Open in Mississauga. Given the local and national situation with COVID-19, it does not seem possible to put on these flagship tournaments and so with regret the tournaments are cancelled.

That's too bad, but of course, clearly the correct decision. At our next CFC Quarterly meeting, I support Ken and EMC being re-awarded these events very soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    That's too bad, but of course, clearly the correct decision. At our next CFC Quarterly meeting, I support Ken and EMC being re-awarded these events very soon.
    Of course, everyone supports that but we have to wait and see how things play out. Next year's tournament has already been awarded to Hamilton. Hopefully, that will be able to go off without a hitch but who knows if the outbreak comes back.

I don't think any of the world youth events will go ahead. There are too many countries who are just starting their COVID-19 experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Of course, everyone supports that but we have to wait and see how things play out. Next year's tournament has already been awarded to Hamilton. Hopefully, that will be able to go off without a hitch but who knows if the outbreak comes back.

I don't think any of the world youth events will go ahead. There are too many countries who are just starting their COVID-19 experiences.
    I think we're in full agreement. By "very soon", I meant as soon as realistically feasible (I guess prolly at least 2022)