Hello all,

I trust we are all following the guidelines of social distancing! The date when we can all return safely to "over the board" or REAL chess is hopefully not too far off. But who knows. I have maintained the weekly rating schedule to this point, but not very many events rated these past 2 weeks. Next update is scheduled for April 1 and weekly updates will continue if there is anything to update. We have regulars with private matches and small groups so we will want to keep them happy.

We have had inquiries about CFC Rating online events. Several clubs (Mississauga, Hamilton, etc) are offering online tournaments for their members either thru LiChess or Chess(dot)com. I am getting feedback whether or not they might want their events CFC rated. I would like to hear from others if there is an interest. Feedback so far is mixed. Some are very concerned about cheating and thus putting the integrity of our rating system in jeopardy.

The CFC executive is currently discussing the possibility of rating online events and what safeguards and guidelines are necessary. The majority opinion appears to be that we would restrict online play to the Quick (Active) ratings only. Thus protecting the integrity of the Regular ratings.

Your thoughts? Post here or send me the CFC an email.

Keep well everyone, and go wash your hands.