Thread: 2020 Great Canadian Ratings Race

Default 2020 Great Canadian Ratings Race

The standings as of March 1 are here: CLICK-ME

• WHAT: A race to gain the most CFC rating points in your Class in the calendar year
    • WHY: Fun and some recognition for those CFC chess players who have improved the most (as measured by their CFC regular rating).
    • HOW:
      • The race uses CFC regular ratings from the TD list published weekly on the CFC website.
      • Players are grouped into Classes according to their CFC regular rating on Jan 1.
      • Players remain in their starting Class for the entire calendar year even if their rating increases into a higher Class.
      • Unfortunately, players who start mid-year are excluded. The current process for calculating the standings cannot handle these players (yet).
      • Each month the Top 20 rating point gainers for each Class will be announced on the CFC Forums. Follow along throughout the year as players race to gain the most improved rating.
      • At the end of the year, the Top 20 will be declared the "most improved" within their starting Class.
      • Prizes: $0.00 + bragging rights + recognition for your chess success!

Sasha Kagle (1600-1799) is from Vermont - not QC.

Fixed; Sasha Kagle is now excluded. Amazing you could find that so quickly! Sasha is listed as being from Laval, QC in the TD list but a quick google confirms he's definitely from Vermont.

The standings as of April 1 are here: CLICK-ME

Blog Entries

Fun feature !

Thanks, Don

Very nice indeed. What a pity that no games OTB games for awhile.
    .*-1

The standings as of May 1 are here: CLICK-ME

There were more changes in the standings than I expected. Probably due to the last of the March tournament reports trickling in. Next month should have even fewer changes.

The standings as of June 1 are here: CLICK-THIS-LINK

Looks like the standings didn't change at all since May 1. A sad indicator of the state of affairs for OTB chess. I hope this stasis ends in 2020.