Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Executive and Officer Reports

Three Commissions are elected - Ethics, Verification (Internal Audit) and Constitution. Some others, like QC (rating and titles) and ARB really need to operate independently because they have established regulations. They are essentially appointed by the President. Much of FIDEs work is being done by these Commissions and I worry about their diminishment.

Thanks Vadim - Rivello is the author of the document if I not mistaken so I am not sure how enlightening his rationale will be. We shall see how it goes.

As I mentioned in my report, the Treasurer will only present the 2018 financials, which were actually headed for a decent surplus on the year as I have learned since I posted it. It is the current state of finances I worry about because rumours abound that FIDE is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    Three Commissions are elected - Ethics, Verification (Internal Audit) and Constitution. Some others, like QC (rating and titles) and ARB really need to operate independently because they have established regulations. They are essentially appointed by the President. Much of FIDEs work is being done by these Commissions and I worry about their diminishment.
    I am also worried. Rules that prevent the FIDE President from modifying the Laws of Chess without the change being first adopted by the Rules Commission protects us from FIDE president without any chess literacy. A banker could have become FIDE President with little or no knowledge of Chess. The current President knows chess very well, but we cannot be sure that his successor will. The FIDE President designate commission presidents who choose the commission members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123