Thread: Executive and Officer Reports

CHESS FOUNDATION REPORT
    Total Assets: $380,000
    Expected revenue for the current fiscal year: $12,700
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Default Rating Auditor Report

Nothing significant to report. The system is functioning well.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Default CFC Publicity Officer report

Dear colleagues,

I continued to implement the mandate of expanding news flow to and from the CFC.

Captained Team Canada at the 2019 Vladimir Dvorkovich Cup in Aktobe, Kazakhstan. Players and parents loved that team junior U-17 competition and its diverse cultural program. I regularly took photographs and shared them within the parents’ group, with the CFC Youth Coordinator and the CFC Newsfeed Editor.

At the FIDE World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad in Çorum, Turkey, the Captain GM Gergely Szabo and the HoD Canada Ms. Sandra Vettese were prohibited from bringing cell phones to the playing hall. Thus, I systematically took photos of all Canadian players before and during rounds, then posted them within the parents’ group and shared with the CFC Youth Coordinator.

Likewise, at the King Salman World Rapid and Blitz Championships in Moscow, Russia, I took pictures of all Canadian participants and posted a photo gallery.

Via forum posts and e-mail, I systematically informed the Executive, players and parents about announcements and regulations of upcoming events such as World Youth / Cadet R&B 2020, World Amateur 2020, norm tournaments in the U.S., as well as about FIDE news such as the progress in drafting the new Charter and surveys addressed to national federations. I was also explaining the CFC developments in French in Québec and advocated for having more event sections rated with FIDE and the CFC.

Respectfully submitted by Vadim Tsypin.

Thank you for your report and your effort Vadim. Why do you think FIDE needs this new charter? How will it improve FIDE? It calls for a full General Assembly every year instead of holding an Executive Board Congress during non-Olympic years but the upcoming GA is very late and very short. Do you think this plan is viable?

Can you give us any indication as to the FIDE financial bottom line in 2019?

Vadim, do you have a new email address or something? If yes, please email me at arismarghetis at rogers dot com - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    Thank you for your report and your effort Vadim. Why do you think FIDE needs this new charter? How will it improve FIDE? It calls for a full General Assembly every year instead of holding an Executive Board Congress during non-Olympic years but the upcoming GA is very late and very short. Do you think this plan is viable?

Can you give us any indication as to the FIDE financial bottom line in 2019?
    Thank you Hal. These are good questions and they definitely deserve comprehensive answers which I wouldn’t be able to put in writing in a few hours remaining before I am about to board my plane.

Maître Rivello is supposed to publish an opinion piece that will explain in detail the rationale behind the new Charter. Why don’t you and I make some (joint?) postings from the Congress floor to share what he’d say there and/or in his ExGA presentation?

Regarding financials, Zhu Chen will be reporting as item 3.1 at the EB. It wouldn’t be appopriate to preempt her, let’s wait six more days. I am sure her report plus the audit results by Ernst & Young will provide a lot of detailed info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Vadim, do you have a new email address or something? If yes, please email me at arismarghetis at rogers dot com - thank you
    Thanks Aris, I e-mailed you.

The most important question about the new FIDE charter is the shift in power from the Commissions to the President.

Generally, the new FIDE president did a nice job, but understanding the rational behind those changes is important.

Blog Entries

It is not clear to me how the members of the commissions are chosen. The ethics commission are elected but I am not sure if this is the case for many of the other commissions. In general, it makes sense that an elected president should tend to have power versus commissions that derive their power from individuals that may not be elected by FIDE member federations. I know that some of these commission members are appointed with input by continental officials. I have some confidence in Mr. Dvorkovich though not necessarily translating to everyone around him in all the bureaucracy of FIDE.

Sorry to be late. The dates of the meeting coincided with he Family Weekend in Ontario, then with the local tournament, and then another weekend came...

No much to report back as the executive member -- mostly inputs on a discussion level.
    .*-1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast