FIDE Arbiters’ Online Seminar November 30 – December 8

Aspiring Arbiters please take note! Canada is hosting an online FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar on two consecutive weekends: November 30-December 1 and December 7-8.

I am most pleased to announce that my colleague IA Shohreh Bayat of Iran will be my co-lecturer. Shohreh is a remarkably brave and principled individual – in addition to her abundant expertise as an International Arbiter she is a staunch advocate of FIDE’s motto ‘Gens Una Sumus’.

Due to our international audience, we are conducting the seminar in 4 segments of 6 hours each - from 9am-3pm, each Saturday and Sunday, Toronto time. Whether you are a National Arbiter, a veteran club Arbiter or just starting out, this seminar will cover all of the technical aspects of Arbiting – from the laws of chess to pairing rules to GM norms and anti-cheating regulations. Successful attendees (ie those who pass the exam) will earn a compulsory “seminar norm” toward their FIDE Arbiter (FA)Title. The FA title allows you to be the Chief Arbiter in a norm tournament.

The seminar fee is $260. You can pay by e-transfer to my email address, halbond@sympatico.ca