Thread: New FIDE Charter moves closer towards adoption

Default New FIDE Charter moves closer towards adoption

Hello All,

Just returned to Canada this morning. The Presidential Board in Budapest discussed and approved in principle the draft of the new FIDE Charter.
    https://twitter.com/FIDE_chess/statu...41599020064769

The final version is to be adopted at the Extraordinary General Assembly, to be convened "in the second half of December".

There were 65 (!) pages of comments and suggestion on the draft that we reviewed and discussed. It is extremely important that all federations continue to collaborate proactively with FIDE in shaping what will become a constitution for its second century. Maître Rivello welcomes well-reasoned proposals and comments, and I can assure you that the Task Force studies each and every one of them.

Vlad has already posted both documents but they are buried now in the 2019 Outgoing Meeting section. Thus, I am creating this thread so that everyone can have an easy point of reference both for the introduction letter and the July 28 version. Please send your feedback to FIDE.

Continuing a discussion from the quarterly AGM
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...-Reports/page3
    since that meeting is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond;
    Executive and Officer Reports
    Thanks Vadim - Rivello is the author of the document if I not mistaken so I am not sure how enlightening his rationale will be. We shall see how it goes.
    Well, Mаîtrе Rivello chaired the Task Force and it was really a triumph of collaboration. The final draft of the Charter takes into account eight months' worth of proposals, including the fundamental ones from the USCF and the ECU.

Anyway, Me Rivello's interview is published in the FIDE e-Newsletter now but in addition, there is a very nice presentation about the reasons for change. The President showed it to the PB meeting today and it will be shared with all the ExGA delegates tomorrow.

The new Charter was adopted on 2/28:
    112 - for, one - against, one - abstained.

Comes into force on March 01, 2020.

Live updates from Day 2 (ExGA) and Day 3 (EB), including finances:
    https://www.fide.com/news/381

Thank you Vadim! This is my heaviest work period of the year so I am still catching up after a very positive Congress. The workshop we did with the Planning and Development Commission was a huge hit and I see a very bright future.

I was satisfied with the feedback I got from my colleagues about the Charter and Canada voted in favour of it. I still have some concerns about the finances but I am impressed with President Dvorkovich. He is well informed and capable.

Thank you Hal for all your diligent work in the PDC and at the Congress!

We published a list of decisions today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    [...] in addition, there is a very nice presentation about the reasons for change. The President showed it to the PB meeting today and it will be shared with all the ExGA delegates tomorrow.
    This presentation is publicly accessible now.

Also, a primer on the Charter has been published.