The bid for the 2020 Canadian Seniors in Halifax can be found here:

https://destinationhalifax.sharefile.com/d-s21d64ace8c04d43a

Blog Entries

Default Victoriaville Canadian Open /CYCC bid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABCD Style école table 30''.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	415 Here are some of the files sent in support of the Victoriaville bid.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

More files in support of the Victoriaville bid. The size of pdf allowed seems to have been increased somewhat but it is still not sufficient for two of the files in English which I will have to share using a different method.

All the files in one transfer including two English files that were too big for the CFC forum (including the ones that did fit in the forum which were in French). Files download as a zip file. Neat file sharing website. The download link works for me.

https://we.tl/t-CRlHO5WQNO
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 08-25-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    The bid for the 2020 Canadian Seniors in Halifax can be found here:

Again, I want to stress that this bid was approved by the CFC Executive three or four weeks ago, as there certain deadlines the organizers needed to meet and we had received no competing bids. There have been several developments since the bid was submitted, but I will leave those for Roger Langen to share.

A very impressive bid for the 2020 Canadian Seniors. I can't wait to go to Halifax.

Blog Entries

More files in support of the Victoriaville bid.
    I'm going to state the obvious here: any bid for the CYCC/CO is probably going to be tangled up in the CFC/FQE negotiations until they are settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I'm going to state the obvious here: any bid for the CYCC/CO is probably going to be tangled up in the CFC/FQE negotiations until they are settled.
    Those are two separate issues that shouldn't be linked together. This is a good bid that could be accepted independently from the CFC/FQE negotiations. Actually, this is the only bid and I prefer to have a Canadian Open rather then not having one.

Blog Entries

It seems at the moment that there are going to be at least three good bids for the same tournaments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Those are two separate issues that shouldn't be linked together. This is a good bid that could be accepted independently from the CFC/FQE negotiations. Actually, this is the only bid and I prefer to have a Canadian Open rather then not having one.
    One of the issues is that the organizers wouldn't know if the FQE players would need CFC memberships or not (even in the CYCC) until a new agreement is in place. As we have said, effective Jan 1, CFC memberships will be required by FQE members in order to play in CFC or CFC/FIDE events, if an agreement is not in place.

I'm just saying that if there are alternate bids, the voting members may take this into consideration.

It seems at the moment that there are going to be at least three good bids for the same tournaments.
    It has been a long time since the VM had to vote on a bid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast