Thread: 4.M Executive Director's Report - CFC Financials

Blog Entries

Default 4.M Executive Director's Report - CFC Financials

Bob will post a report later, but in the meantime I'm attaching the CFC Financial statements. I can discuss any aspect of these on 4L (Treasurer's Report).

Fred

fiscal2019b.pdf
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 08-25-2019 at 12:28 PM.

I realize I am joining the meeting a little late with my report but CFC rating the North American Youth Championships 2019 Kingston last week and FIDE rating it this week has kept me very busy. I still have one section (U8 Open) to submit, but it is giving me some grief.
    The good news is that we have been experiencing strong growth in memberships since 2015.
    Annual numbers reported May 1 are
    2015 – 1,861 2016 – 2,065 2017 – 2,133 2018 – 2,284 2019 – 2,501
    As of today - 2,595
    Strong growth which appears to be accelerating.
    The CFC office is struggling to keep up. I want to express my appreciation to the many members who have been very patient waiting (for title certificates, account balances, etc.). I am looking forward to getting the Go membership system up and functioning, getting those annoying website hacks fixed, and answering emails quicker. Well, that’s the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    I still have one section (U8 Open) to submit, but it is giving me some grief.
    I learned from the FQE what has happened there. Currently, very few persons are aware of the situation. We are all waiting for the CFC decision on this issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I learned from the FQE what has happened there. Currently, very few persons are aware of the situation. We are all waiting for the CFC decision on this issue.
    Its a FIDE decision.

The Chief Arbiter's report has been submitted to FIDE and has recommended that the CM title be awarded to the 4th place finisher in the U8 Open section. Bob's troubles with the rating report submission had nothing to do with the ineligible player.

It is now up to the Qualification Commission to decide about the CM title for third place

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    The Chief Arbiter's report has been submitted to FIDE and has recommended that the CM title be awarded to the 4th place finisher in the U8 Open section. Bob's troubles with the rating report submission had nothing to do with the ineligible player.

It is now up to the Qualification Commission to decide about the CM title for third place
    Thank you for the answer Hal. The forth place player will have nothing special to do, this was the main point that I was interested in. If he had a complain to file to the NAC or to FIDE, there would have been deadlines. I am happy to find that the case has been handled correctly and that the Qualification Commission will now decide without any further intervention from us or the players involved.

The QC will take care of the title by registration, but do we intend to correct the crosstable and re-issue the bronze medal ?

Are we going to allow the 4th place finisher to go to the Pan American Youth Festival if he pays for his expenses ? Only the Gold Medalist automatically become an official player, but we usually allow all medalists to attend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    The QC will take care of the title by registration, but do we intend to correct the crosstable and re-issue the bronze medal ?

Are we going to allow the 4th place finisher to go to the Pan American Youth Festival if he pays for his expenses ? Only the Gold Medalist automatically become an official player, but we usually allow all medalists to attend.
    As far as I know we have no restrictions on Canadian Youth players attending the Pan-Am YCC, only the WYCC and WCCC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    As far as I know we have no restrictions on Canadian Youth players attending the Pan-Am YCC, only the WYCC and WCCC.
    That is correct though in most cases the people attending Pan-Am Youth Festival are simply people who want to go. We don't normally put up any barriers.