Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for CFC Board of Directors (Executive)

Blog Entries

Default Nominations for CFC Board of Directors (Executive)

I have created this thread for those who can't post in the AGM (which starts on Sunday), as they are not a voting member. However, any CFC adult member (or equivalent) can run for a position on the Board of Directors. Please make any nominations here if you can't post in the AGM or want to get a head start on your campaign.

President
    Vice-President
    Secretary
    Treasurer
    FIDE Representative
    Youth Coordinator
    Director at Large
    Last edited by Fred McKim; 08-22-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries

I will be running for CFC Treasurer.

Fred

Blog Entries

I am nominating Ken Craft (NB) for Director at Large. Ken was a very active and effective member of the Board in recent years and as Vlad has said many times he was useful for often seeing a different side to a situation. Getting another province on the Board is also good.

Blog Entries

I will be running for CFC president again.

The FQE AGM decided unanimously that Quebec should have representatives on the Executive. I am willing to stand for Director at Large. I am still thinking for the other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    The FQE AGM decided unanimously that Quebec should have representatives on the Executive. I am willing to stand for Director at Large. I am still thinking for the other positions.
    Wouldn't that require an amendment to the CFC constitution? Either way, I think it would first be imperative to know in detail how the CFC-FQE agreement is going?!

Blog Entries

At the moment, the only way to be on the board is to be elected to the board by the voting members or in some circumstances to be elected by the current members of the board. The FQE have presented a proposal which is a basis on which we should be able to work out an agreement. Some of the items on the proposal are not possible under the NFP act (reserving positions on the board). Things are going well for the CFC at the moment. We do need to have the FQE on board. There should be more discussion of this in the meeting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    We do need to have the FQE on board.
    On board = In agreement, as opposed to "on the board"

I think the Board is well served by having as many provinces as possible represented, but yes, they have to be democratically voted on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    On board = In agreement, as opposed to "on the board"

I think the Board is well served by having as many provinces as possible represented, but yes, they have to be democratically voted on.
    Poor choice of words on my part. In agreement, and only on the board in the event they are elected by the voting members or some other legal means.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Attention Fred:

Is it too early for you (or someone else) to make a similar thread for CFC Board of Directors (Executive) for the 2020 CFC AGM in August?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast