Thread: FIDE asks national federations and their members about time control for Classical

Default FIDE asks national federations and their members about time control for Classical

August 08, 2019 announcement.

"The FIDE Qualification Commission (QC) is seeking responses to a questionnaire about the length of games required for standard play games to be FIDE rated.

QC has received a lot of correspondence during 2019 suggesting FIDE should change the rating regulations to allow shorter games than at present to be rated. The relevant regulation is regulation 1 here:

https://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.h...7&view=article

Given that changing this regulation would directly impact upon so much FIDE-rated chess, the Qualification Commission has decided to create a questionnaire to put this issue directly to all interested parties to better inform any decision that might be taken to change this regulation.

The questionnaire can be found HERE.

QC encourages all players and interested parties to respond to this questionnaire, and for national federations to send it to their members encouraging them to respond. Responses will be collected until Sunday, 27th October; and results published as soon as possible thereafter.

Alex Holowczak
    Qualification Commission Secretary"

Blog Entries

Thanks Vadim for posting that. I had just copied and was ready to paste from the email myself when I saw that you had already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Thanks Vadim for posting that. I had just copied and was ready to paste from the email myself when I saw that you had already done so.
    My pleasure Vlad.

I was thinking: maybe someone would like to spend a bit of effort and create a poll here in the CFC Forum, replicating the exact answer options that FIDE offered in this questionnaire. Then, on an absolutely voluntary and anonymous basis, every CFC member who answered the FIDE questionnaire can come to the CFC poll and repeat her/his answers. The aggregate by October 27 would give us a snapshot of what the CFC members think, and it'd be interesting to compare the answer distribution with those FIDE receives worldwide.