Thread: Wikipedia entry re: demographics of Canada

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default Wikipedia entry re: demographics of Canada

Fwiw, here's the wiki re: demographics of Canada (I've heard it said that North American businesses [and perhaps the CFC might be lumped in] often do not pay enough attention to demographics):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Before I went to each section, I "guessed" at what the next numbers would be, approximately. And I was blown away by just how wrong my guesses were lol

Try it, it might be an interesting window into how poorly our brain "counts" things.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Somehow most of the data did not really surprise me, although I didn't try to guess in advance when I first checked out the wiki.

One thing that sticks out as possibly being very relevant to the CFC is just how small a segment of the population of Canada are children or teenagers (not counting infants and toddlers) - 17% in total. The percentage of seniors alone, if taken as age 65, is about the same - 16.9% is given as the total. The segment composed of adults in between, on the other hand, makes for a whopping 60.7% of the total population.

Meanwhile, perhaps data mining of current CFC members' information might one day prove very useful, if it ever proves feasible (e.g. more information may be needed first, if it can somehow be acquired).

Edit: A later thread that may be of interest:

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ture-of-Canada
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 12-13-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Adding content
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.