View Poll Results: Which political party do you think will win the 2019 Canadian federal election?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

5 71.43%
  • Conservative

2 28.57%
  • NDP

0 0%
  • Green

0 0%
  • People's Party

0 0%
  • Bloc

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the 2019 federal election

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default Who will win the 2019 federal election

This is a summertime poll to see which political party respondents think will win the upcoming 2019 federal election (expected, but not necessarily, to be held on October 21, 2019).

Here's the wikipedia entry about that election:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...deral_election
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

So far 4 votes, all cast for the Liberals to win this year's federal election. Mine included, although I'd much rather it's not going to be the case, and the Conservatives current lead in real world polling would hold up.

As I see it, Conservative leader Andrew Scheer only has to make one or two relatively minor mistakes leading up to the election, and his party's lead will vanish, thanks to the largely biased media coverage in favour of the Liberals. There's also that Justin Trudeau has more raw charisma, in spite of all the stumbles (remember that bias of the media coverage, or lack of coverage). The Liberals still will have a large chunk of the youth vote, the female vote and the pothead vote going for them, also. They're currently making moves to rescue some of the environmental vote back. Quite possibly they'll take a good chunk of the Maritimes seats as usual, besides that of Quebec, and the split in Ontario will largely decide it, with PC premier Ford probably hurting Scheer to some extent even if he tries even more to avoid that - that bias, again (that, plus with whatever support is in the West, will determine whether the Liberals will have to settle for a Minority).
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Blog Entries

Bumping up this poll thread.

Blog Entries

Bumping up this poll thread, again (still just 4 votes cast so far; I'm thinking there could be more to come, as there were 10 cast for my poll thread about Pluto at last count).

Blog Entries

At last, another vote, and this time it's for the Cons, rather than Libs, winning(!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    As I see it, Conservative leader Andrew Scheer only has to make one or two relatively minor mistakes leading up to the election, and his party's lead will vanish, thanks to the largely biased media coverage in favour of the Liberals. There's also that Justin Trudeau has more raw charisma, in spite of all the stumbles (remember that bias of the media coverage, or lack of coverage). The Liberals still will have a large chunk of the youth vote, the female vote and the pothead vote going for them, also. They're currently making moves to rescue some of the environmental vote back. Quite possibly they'll take a good chunk of the Maritimes seats as usual, besides that of Quebec, and the split in Ontario will largely decide it, with PC premier Ford probably hurting Scheer to some extent even if he tries even more to avoid that - that bias, again (that, plus with whatever support is in the West, will determine whether the Liberals will have to settle for a Minority).
    Note that one wild card for my analysis above (and for Justin Trudeau) would be continued fallout from the current Canada-China syndrome, so to speak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Syndrome

https://www.ottawalife.com/article/the-china-syndrome
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 07-04-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Adding link

Blog Entries

Bumping up this summertime poll again (note that in the link I gave in my first post of this thread, 'serious' political polls seem to have had some pretty wild swings, for both the major and minor federal political parties):

Blog Entries

Bumping this poll again (note it expires 2 Sep. 2019).

Blog Entries

Bumping poll.

Blog Entries

Bumping poll, again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast