Thread: Commonwealth Chess Championship June 29 to July 7

Blog Entries

Default Commonwealth Chess Championship June 29 to July 7

Org. by Delhi Chess Association 29th June to 07th July 2019 Venue: The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, 1, Central Business District, Near Yamuna Sports Complex, Maharaja Surajmal Marg, Delhi-32, INDIA

https://www.commonwealthchess.com/index.php/2019/05/11/commonwealth-chess-championship-2019-2/CWCC-2019-PROSPECTUS-2.pdf

Originally this tournament was to be hosted by South Africa and then Sri Lanka and then due to the political turmoil it was moved to Delhi in India and is being organized by the president of the Commonwealth Chess Association

Obviously anyone who wants to take advantage of this opportunity should jump on it quickly.

On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 20:51, Bharat singh chauhan wrote:

Dear Chess Friends,

Greetings of the day!

As you are aware, Delhi is hosting the Commonwealth Chess Championship from 29 June to 08 July 2019. The organisers Delhi Chess Association already forwarded you the prospectus for the same.

It is pertaining to mention that, Commonwealth Chess Championship-2019 was originally allotted to South Africa and later it was decided to conduct the event at Sri Lanka. Due to current security scenario at Sri Lanka, we were forced to shift the event from there. As you all agree that conducting the event of such magnitude in short notice is difficult task to any orgnaiser and as President of Commonwealth Chess Association, the only option left with me was to take the responsibility on my own shoulders to conduct the event at Delhi.

As President of Commonwealth Chess Association, I request your Federation to send your delegations for this prestigious event to make it a grand success.

I hope and believe that you will be able to send your team for the event.

Thanks and Best Regards

--

Bharat Singh Chauhan
    Honorary Secretary All India Chess Federation
    Chairman FIDE Technical Commission (TEC)
    Chairman Commonwealth Chess Association
    Deputy President Asian Chess Federation
    Member FIDE Executive Board
    President, Delhi Chess Association
    Website-bschauhan.com
    Mobile +91-9810000007
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 05-29-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

From the Website:

Each Commonwealth country is eligible to field one man, one
    woman, One Senior (Above-60), one Junior Girl (Under-20), one Junior
    Open (Under-20) player and one open and girl entries each in under-8,
    10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 as official entrants. Their boarding and lodging
    will be provided free in star hotel on triple sharing basis from 29th June
    to 7th July 2019 for Open category and 30th June to 7th July 2019 for
    Age Group Categories

Anyone wanting official player status should apply to the CFC, ASAP ... it may be that Christina will take over entries for the Junior / youth age players. "Normal" practice would be to use CFC rating for selection criteria ..... I don't think we've had any players attend this event recently which normally seems to be held in India and once in a while South Africa.