Thread: CFC/FIDE rating fees not being collected?

Default CFC/FIDE rating fees not being collected?

This was posted to the French Chesstalk yesterday by J-R Boutin. I have translated it to post here. What's going on?

Hello!
    In mid-March I refereed the COM of Trois-Rivières which was listed CFC and FIDE. and a few days later I sent the reports for the CFC and FIDE ratings to the Canadian federation. The tournament was rated 10 days later. A month later the committee and I never received the bill, so I contacted the CFC again and here is their answer:

On 17-04-19 at 11:43, Chess Federation of Canada wrote:
    Sorry J.-R.
    I am a little behind in the paperwork.
    I will follow up tomorrow or tomorrow.

Best regards,

Robert Gillanders
    Executive Director
    Chess Federation of Canada

On April 27th and May 11th I again emailed the CFC without an answer. After more than 2 months, the COM Committee has never paid the CFC and FIDE rating fees for the COM 2019. After that, it can be said that the CFC has financial difficulties. Are there other Quebec organizers who have tournaments rated for free by the CFC and FIDE?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    This was posted to the French Chesstalk yesterday by J-R Boutin. I have translated it to post here. What's going on?

Hello!
    In mid-March I refereed the COM of Trois-Rivières which was listed CFC and FIDE. and a few days later I sent the reports for the CFC and FIDE ratings to the Canadian federation. The tournament was rated 10 days later. A month later the committee and I never received the bill, so I contacted the CFC again and here is their answer:

Sorry J.-R.

Best regards,

Robert Gillanders
    Executive Director

On April 27th and May 11th I again emailed the CFC without an answer. After more than 2 months, the COM Committee has never paid the CFC and FIDE rating fees for the COM 2019. After that, it can be said that the CFC has financial difficulties. Are there other Quebec organizers who have tournaments rated for free by the CFC and FIDE?
    I believe that has now been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

Hello!

Sorry J.-R.

Best regards,

Robert Gillanders
    Executive Director

Hi,

My dealings with the CFC office are similar when it comes to payments. My impression is that Bob is incredibly busy, meticulous with the work, and prioritizes the rating the events, submitting files, updating memberships, to avoid a flurry of more complaints or questions from the community at large. I get the sense that a lot of what the CFC office receives is fragmented data, incomplete reports, missing information, etc... It's a one-man show, and in good-will, Bob leaves the billing for further down the list of duties. But I feel the same way as the Quebec organizer you quoted... we want to pay, get if over it and forget about it
    All in all, keep up the great work, Bob!

Alex F.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
    Hi,

My dealings with the CFC office are similar when it comes to payments. My impression is that Bob is incredibly busy, meticulous with the work, and prioritizes the rating the events, submitting files, updating memberships, to avoid a flurry of more complaints or questions from the community at large. I get the sense that a lot of what the CFC office receives is fragmented data, incomplete reports, missing information, etc... It's a one-man show, and in good-will, Bob leaves the billing for further down the list of duties. But I feel the same way as the Quebec organizer you quoted... we want to pay, get if over it and forget about it
    All in all, keep up the great work, Bob!

Alex F.
    I agree. Bob is doing the best he can, and seems to be making the right calls.