Thread: 2020 Canadian Closed & Easter Sectionals & Womens Zonal: same place confirmed!

Default 2020 Canadian Closed & Easter Sectionals & Womens Zonal: same place confirmed!

Hello chess fans, just a quick note that I've just confirmed with Four Points by Sheraton in Kingston that we're returning there next year after the success of this year's inaugural event (the 2019 Canada Zonal & Easter Sectionals) - it'll probably be a few months (after more sponsorship hunting) before I announce numbers like prize fund, but the dates are locked in just like this year:

Holy (Maundy) Thursday through Easter Monday
    in 2020, those actual dates are April 9th-13th

Thank you, best regards,
    Aris Marghetis, IA/IO

Blog Entries

Aris, if it's Ok with you, I'm going to post this on the Upcoming Tournaments page. It's never too soon for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
    Aris, if it's Ok with you, I'm going to post this on the Upcoming Tournaments page. It's never too soon for such things.
    For sure Nigel, thanks!

I've sent you an email asking to adjust the name, to reflect that in 2020, the top sections will be Canada Closed and Womens Zonals, then Easter Sectionals.

Thanks again, Aris.

Hello again, I am bumping up this post because people are emailing Bob at the office, with questions about this event.

So let me try to clear some of the confusion. Kingston Easter Chess 2020 (KEC-2020) will include at least these sections:

2020 Canadian Womens Zonal
    2020 Canadian Closed (>= 2200)
    other Sectionals (U2200, U1900, U1600)

The next Canadian (Open) Zonal will be in 2021 (again as part of Kingston Easter Chess)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Hello again, I am bumping up this post because people are emailing Bob at the office, with questions about this event.

So let me try to clear some of the confusion. Kingston Easter Chess 2020 (KEC-2020) will include at least these sections:

2020 Canadian Womens Zonal
    2020 Canadian Closed (>= 2200)
    other Sectionals (U2200, U1900, U1600)

The next Canadian (Open) Zonal will be in 2021 (again as part of Kingston Easter Chess)
    The Canadian Women's Closed Championship and Zonal would be the factually and grammatically correct title of the women's portion of the tournament.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 09-26-2019 at 12:59 PM.

After we chatted today, I'm posting here your more complete post from ChessTalk:

"The Canadian Women's Closed Championship and Zonal would be the factually and grammatically correct title of the women's portion of the tournament."

In other words, there will ALSO be a section for the 2020 Canadian Closed (gender-independent).

Thanks again, Aris.

Hello again, another quick note to confirm we're returning to the Four Points by Sheraton in Kingston, for 2020 Kingston Easter Chess, over these dates:

Holy (Maundy) Thursday through Easter Monday
    in 2020, those actual dates are April 9th-13th

The sections will be:
    - Canada Women Zonal
    - Canadian Closed (>=2200)
    - U2200
    - U1900
    - U1600

Pre-registrations are opening tonight for players from last year's (2019) Kingston Easter Chess.
    (last year's players, check your email, super-discounts)

Regular full registrations should be opening within days, and posted about here and elsewheres.

Thank you, best regards,
    Aris Marghetis, IA/IO