Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CFC "magazine"?

Default CFC "magazine"?

The CFC voting members are discussing the CFC online "magazine" (or lack of it). The last issue I received was titled "2017-L8" and was received in October, 2017. Have any been produced since?

Blog Entries

I looked through my emails and it appears that was the last issue though I would have thought that there was some since.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I looked through my emails and it appears that was the last issue though I would have thought that there was some since.
    there has been (only) one issue since: "Dragon": 117 pages, and included games annotated by LeSiege and Hambleton.

I don't email them, and don't receive them by email, so I don't know why CFC members wouldn't have got it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Upper View Post
    there has been (only) one issue since: "Dragon": 117 pages, and included games annotated by LeSiege and Hambleton.

I don't email them, and don't receive them by email, so I don't know why CFC members wouldn't have got it.

It is likely we did. The hotmail search function is not what it once was. Once I added "Dragon" to the search it came up. A link was emailed to members on April 17, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    It is likely we did. The hotmail search function is not what it once was. Once I added "Dragon" to the search it came up. A link was emailed to members on April 17, 2018.
    I checked all my old emails (and deleted ones) and found no email with a link around that date. The "current" one announced on the CFC home page is the last one I received (2017-L8). What is the link to the one (or more than one) sent after that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    I checked all my old emails (and deleted ones) and found no email with a link around that date. The "current" one announced on the CFC home page is the last one I received (2017-L8). What is the link to the one (or more than one) sent after that one?
    Hi Hugh:

I got an email with the link on April 20, 2018. The "sender" was Bob Gillanders. I will send you a private message with the link.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    Hi Hugh:

I got an email with the link on April 20, 2018. The "sender" was Bob Gillanders. I will send you a private message with the link.

Steve
    Got it - thanks!

Even though it was sent in April, 2018 - all the games and reports (except the Dragon analysis at the end) are from 2016 (or earlier).

It is time to kill the 'magazine".

October 2017 / April 2018. Potatoe Potaato.
    It's been over a year now. It's defunct.

Is it coming back? Why did it die? Will there be a substitute? Can we review the CFC membership fees and structures?

Alex F.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
    October 2017 / April 2018. Potatoe Potaato.
    It's been over a year now. It's defunct.

Is it coming back? Why did it die? Will there be a substitute? Can we review the CFC membership fees and structures?

Alex F.
    http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/1118
    Submitted by John Upper on Thu, 03/21/2019 - 16:51

"The image above is a low-rez version of the the first six of fourteen Critical Positions from the next issue of Chess Canada."
    .*-1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast