Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5A2 - DISCUSSION ITEMS - CFC Strategic Business/Marketing Plan Update

You will recall that I had requested that Vlad place this on the Agenda some time ago. I had thereafter indicated that I was prepared to draft a "Draft Proposed Plan" for the CFC to consider (not necessarily an "update" from the previous plan but likely something which will consider the contents of the previous plan and look forward to the future of the CFC and chess in Canada). After the close of the last meeting, I realized that I hadn't obtained the CFC's approval to work on this project. I have an idea on what I want to present and anticipate seeking information, opinions, and assistance from each of those on the Board in one form or another. I am not seeking terms of reference from the Board or direction. I am simply seeking authorization to prepare a Draft Plan which I would hope to present to the Board at or before the Spring meeting of 2020. I must say that I have been amazed at how busy one becomes after retirement but I am interested in working on this. I don't know if we need a motion at the next meeting to provide authorization or whether a general consensus is sufficient. I will leave that to Vlad and the Executive to consider.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Lombard View Post
    You will recall that I had requested that Vlad place this on the Agenda some time ago. I had thereafter indicated that I was prepared to draft a "Draft Proposed Plan" for the CFC to consider (not necessarily an "update" from the previous plan but likely something which will consider the contents of the previous plan and look forward to the future of the CFC and chess in Canada). After the close of the last meeting, I realized that I hadn't obtained the CFC's approval to work on this project. I have an idea on what I want to present and anticipate seeking information, opinions, and assistance from each of those on the Board in one form or another. I am not seeking terms of reference from the Board or direction. I am simply seeking authorization to prepare a Draft Plan which I would hope to present to the Board at or before the Spring meeting of 2020. I must say that I have been amazed at how busy one becomes after retirement but I am interested in working on this. I don't know if we need a motion at the next meeting to provide authorization or whether a general consensus is sufficient. I will leave that to Vlad and the Executive to consider.

I think you can go ahead with preparing a Draft Plan. Perhaps there are other voting members who would like to assist you.

Thanks Vlad, I'll see what I can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12