Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
My report as a Master Rep mostly related to the Zonal and it's impact on Canadian Olympic Team.

1. A very well organized tournament, thanks to Aris, Hal and their team. A huge improvement from 2017 championship.

2. Qualification rules (over 2200 CFC or FIDE) was fully followed. Great job! Still, with these strict restrictions, we got 37 players.

3. I support Aris idea (published on CT) to force additional deposit for players who forfeited a game this year. Especially in a Zonal, you can potentially ruin title/norm opportunity.

4. Personally, I would prefer a 6-days schedule (for the Zonal only). 1+2+2+1+2+1 instead of 1+2+2+2+2.

5. For Canadian Olympic Team. According to our rules, this Zonal (and not 2020 Championship) has an impact on the Team. E.Bareev qualifies as a Champion, A.Hambleton and N.Noritsyn get bonuses for 2-nd and 3-rd place.

6. About Canadian Women Championship-2020. According to our rules, April 2020 is less than 5 months before the start of the Olympiad-2020 and thus has no impact on Canadian Women Team-2020. We have 2 options:

a. Change rules from 5 to 3 months.
b. Don't take this championship into account for Olympiad formula.

I prefer option a.
I also prefer option a.