Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is David Taking the CFC Presidential?

The meta issue is that you reported the content of 2 Governors posts in the confidential area. I would prefer that the Governors' area was not confidential as well. Maybe another motion?

Hi Ken:

I apologize - you are right - I did report the content of your post ( with your name, I think ), and the post of another governor ( anonymously I think ). I apologize for that. I had meant not to do that. I'll be more careful in future.

As to the confidentiality of the Governors' Board, I don't have an answer. Some issues may indeed need to be confidential ( though not many I think ). And there will be disputes as to whether particular information is confidential, or should be confidential. Who is to decide if something needs to be confidential? I don't see an answer at the moment except that everything there must be treated as confidential. I certainly wouldn't want the Executive to be the one's who determined whether a thread should be confidential - and who would be willing to take the time to monitor all threads to flag the confidential ones?

I don't see a course of action for myself at the moment, other than the one I proposed in my original thread on this.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    I apologize - you are right - I did report the content of your post ( with your name, I think ), and the post of another governor ( anonymously I think ). I apologize for that.
    You don't need to think, you can just re-read your own post(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    ( 2 replies - Ken Craft wants the motion defeated, not amended; Egis Zeromskis pointed to insufficient technical amendment content in the motion ).

Default Motion 2009-15: Changes to Officers' Roles a Mixed Bag

Governor Michael von Keitz is currently in Germany, and he e-mailed me as follows and said I could post his views:

PRESIDENT - Under the suggested amendments, I feel the president will have too much unilateral power.

VICE-PRESIDENT - I feel this is meant to remove the FIDE Representative and have the VP take on all, or most, of his responsibilities. I feel this is completely unnecessary.

SECRETARY - I feel I can support this amendment, as it seems to simply formalize the current responsibilities of the position.

TREASURER - I feel the budget should be prepared in consultation with the Executive Director. Though not a formal member of the Executive, the ED has (or should have) realistic views on the operation and financial needs of the CFC. Perhaps the President should also be included, but not to the exclusion of the ED.

TOURNAMENT COORDINATOR - I am not necessarily opposed to the creation of this position; however, I wonder if these responsibilities might be deferred to the VP. I think formalized training and development of IAs, IOs, etc. would be a definite benefit to the CFC.

JUNIOR COORDINATOR - As with the Secretary, I feel this amendment simply formalizes the role this position currently represents.

EXTERNAL COORDINATOR - The webzine is currently a flop, and I do not feel a position such as this should be instituted, until the webzine is proven to be viable. Promotion of the CFC in Canada might fall as a joint responsibility of the CFC President (or, perhaps, VP) and the FIDE Representative

Nice to have a governor come forward to allow his ideas to be debated !

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123