Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
One question I have is regarding qualification for the top section. In the bid it states that players will not be permitted to play above the U2200 line. Will there be any provision for participation from smaller provinces? In each of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, none of the players in the most recent respective provincial closed championships were above 2200 at the beginning of the events. Would there be some avenue for smaller provinces nominating representatives for these events?
Hello Jason, thank you for your question. First, let me preface my response by admitting that I believe my decision is a minority view amongst the majority of Organizers. In my opinion, and my current decision, is that there is a solid line at 2200. The idea is to GUARANTEE that the top section will be comprised of elite players. This should NOT be painted as bias against any region. I don't care where in Canada players come from, but I feel performance is the key "distinguisher".

However, if there was an overwhelming motion to do otherwise, then I would of course listen to what people want.