Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5A5 - DISCUSSION ITEMS - Youth Matters

Default 5A5 - DISCUSSION ITEMS - Youth Matters

This thread is open for discussions on any other youth related topic. As always if there are enough postings on a particular subject we may move them into a thread of their own
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 12-16-2018 at 01:37 PM.

The rules for CYCC Regional qualifiers are not clear, those regional qualifiers are no longer mentioned in the Handbook.

I have guessed that anybody can organized a Regional qualifier and that all participants with a score superior to 50% can go to Regina. The financial considerations are unclear, are all participants to the qualifier required to be CFC or FQE members ? How much of each registration is to be contributed to the Youth Fund ?
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 12-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    The rules for CYCC Regional qualifiers are not clear, those regional qualifiers are no longer mentioned in the Handbook.

I have guessed that anybody can organized an Regional qualifier and that all participants with a score superior to 50% can go to Regina. The financial considerations are unclear, are all participants to the qualifier required to be CFC or FQE members ? How much of each registration is to be contributed to the Youth Fund ?
    T

At this point, only CYCC, other Canadian Championships like the Canadian Junior, international play or tournaments where juniors play against adults require CFC memberships or equivalent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    T

At this point, only CYCC, other Canadian Championships like the Canadian Junior, international play or tournaments where juniors play against adults require CFC memberships or equivalent.
    I think some/all National events require full CFC/FQE membership, and most regular tournaments allow the equivalent (single tournament fee)

Thank you!

This clarifies one point, the financial considerations still remains. Is there a mandatory entry fee and how much goes to the CFC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I think some/all National events require full CFC/FQE membership, and most regular tournaments allow the equivalent (single tournament fee)
    Does this means that for a CYCC qualifier, the player must still pay the single tournament fee ?

Blog Entries

Does this means that for a CYCC qualifier, the player must still pay the single tournament fee ?
    I THINK the CYCC qualifiers are regular junior events, and no membership (or equivalent is required).

This is the kind of thing that DEFINITELY needs clarified - we simply cannot have organizers in doubt and risk their events not being rated as a result. This was the single reason I thought the waiver was a bad idea (e.g. that it was too vague)

If that requires a motion - great. If it can be done as a clarification of existing policy - great.

But for sure something that basic needs to be crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    This is the kind of thing that DEFINITELY needs clarified - we simply cannot have organizers in doubt and risk their events not being rated as a result. This was the single reason I thought the waiver was a bad idea (e.g. that it was too vague)

If that requires a motion - great. If it can be done as a clarification of existing policy - great.

But for sure something that basic needs to be crystal clear.
    I second the motion, if a seconder is required.

The risk is greater then having a tournament not rated, an kid qualification's could be jeopardized.

Blog Entries

I second the motion, if a seconder is required.

The risk is greater then having a tournament not rated, an kid qualification's could be jeopardized.
    The regulations seem pretty clear to me. You have to pay $2 per player with a cap for large events. $0.50 of that is a rating fee and is HST taxable. $1.50 is a youth fund contribution and no tax. No memberships are required.

Voting items require three weeks of notice so we could vote at the next meeting but we really need a coherent strategy for our youth events and fundraising to send teams to various tournaments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast