Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5A1 Discussion items - FIDE and the CFC

Default 5A1 Discussion items - FIDE and the CFC

This thread is for discussion items on FIDE and the CFC

FIDE will soon offer to take charge of the training of National arbiters to national Federations who are not interested in giving them proper instruction. All National arbiter will soon need to pass a FIDE examination in order to obtain their licence.

Is the CFC planning to give this instruction or will it let FIDE do it ? The FQE has hisw own arbiter certification program that has a proven track record, having produced multiples NTD/FA/AI and I believe that the program should be allowed to continue.

Blog Entries

I don't think we have thought about this. Are those who already National Arbiters grandfathered or will there be requirements to update their credentials?

Blog Entries

FIDE has so far shown some flexibility in reducing fees to Federations and also individuals. We were able to change the federation of two former U.S. players without incurring any fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I don't think we have thought about this. Are those who already National Arbiters grandfathered or will there be requirements to update their credentials?
    I think that period has expired already. The FIDE licensing is going for several years already. For NA, the main requirement is to participate in a FIDE arbiter seminar and pass the exam. The NA license is mandatory for the FIDE rated tournaments.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I was actually the author of the proposal, while Secretary of the FIDE Arbiters' Commission. I don't know whether the proposal will now maintain any traction. In any case, one of the pillars of the pseudo-agreement I reached with the Arbiter organizations of the BIG CHESS COUNTRIES, was that they would keep running their own NA (Arbiter of National Level) programs. The FUNDAMENTAL INTENT of that part of the proposal was to offer assistance to the very small developing chess countries.

Anyway, I can go through it in more detail with you when I drop by in mid-January. Just remind me, it's on my laptop, covered in my blood, sweat, and tears, lol

Blog Entries

We are going to have two new strong women players including a women's grandmaster, Anna Burtasova, and a WFM, Oksana Golubeva, who are living in Toronto. The Russian Chess Federation has kindly waived transfer fees so they should be ready to play in the next Canadian Closed and possibly on future Olympiad teams including 2020.

In the case of Anna, Hal Bond and I met with her at the Azerbaijan Olympiad. She asked me to write a letter supporting her application to immigrate to Canada, which I did, and she was successful. She has a history of teaching children chess and has worked as a chess video news journalist and should become an active member of the chess community in Canada.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 12-19-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    I think that period has expired already. The FIDE licensing is going for several years already. For NA, the main requirement is to participate in a FIDE arbiter seminar and pass the exam. The NA license is mandatory for the FIDE rated tournaments.
    That is inaccurate. Countries determine their own NAs (Arbiters of National Level). The FIDE Arbiter Seminar is part of the FIDE Arbiter certification program.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    That is inaccurate. Countries determine their own NAs (Arbiters of National Level). The FIDE Arbiter Seminar is part of the FIDE Arbiter certification program.
    Aris, that was more or less comment to this sentence ""All National arbiter will soon need to pass a FIDE examination in order to obtain their licence.", and Vlad's question "Are those who already National Arbiters grandfathered or will there be requirements to update their credentials?"

Though, I understand your point too.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Aris, that was more or less comment to this sentence ""All National arbiter will soon need to pass a FIDE examination in order to obtain their licence.", and Vlad's question "Are those who already National Arbiters grandfathered or will there be requirements to update their credentials?"

Though, I understand your point too.
    I hear ya. In my humble opinion, that sentence implies the wrong focus. Little developing chess countries do NEED a little validation test for their NAs (that is a PROPOSAL still). The current vision for that is such that a "real" practicing arbiter (i.e. a Canadian NA) would have absolutely no problem passing a few questions.

I don't know that this forum can do justice to a discussion about the proposal. BELIEVE ME, it was tough enough IN PERSON in Batumi to get it to where it was published lol. I can present it to Vlad soon, and if you really want, find some way to go over it with you. Although, I don't know what will be enforced yet, if anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast