Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5A1 Discussion items - FIDE and the CFC

I would be interested in seeing this document as well though as a (semi-retired) IA it's not an exam I expect to be doing personally.

It's several years since I've directed though that has more to do with my work schedule than anything else but do try to keep up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I don't know that this forum can do justice to a discussion about the proposal. BELIEVE ME, it was tough enough IN PERSON in Batumi to get it to where it was published lol.
    Is the FIDE democratic process so hard ? I know that motions are sometime carried unanimously by the Councillors while everybody in attendance is against, but the process shoudn't be that complicated.

Pierre - the battles almost invariably happen at the Commission level and then the General Assembly accepts the report. The other complication which Aris alluded to is the fact that the new Commission chairs and members have not been named. We don't know what the new administration has in mind. From their new budget we can see that they are not afraid of bold moves.

The FIDE President named some Commission chair at the last Presidential Board meeting but he did not name the chairmen of ARB. The incumbent has been named honorary chairmen which is a sign that he will be replaced because all the other honorary chairmen have been replaced.

If the FIDE President meets his sponsorship goal, he will likely become the greatest President FIDE ever had.

Blog Entries

He will meet his sponsorship goal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12