Thread: 2019 North American Youth Chess Championship

Default 2019 North American Youth Chess Championship

With the help of the CFC, the Chess'n Math Association was recently awarded this event!

A couple of days ago, we signed a contract with Queen's University in Kingston Ontario. The location is gorgeous...right beside Lake Ontario (yes there is a beach just down the road!)...residence is only 3 years old...yes they have AC and some rooms even have a flat screen T.V. ...my how times have changed!

Mark this down on your calendar:

Arrival August 15, 2019. Opening banquet at 6pm
    2 rounds a day from Aug 16-19...with the last round on the morning of Aug. 20

This is an event no Canadian youngster will want to miss! You can earn FIDE NORMS AT THIS EVENT!

Full details by early next week.

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; 05-01-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Congrats Larry!

So Bermuda has now been accepted for this event!

Where do we stand?

We are 3 and a half months away from the event and registrations are coming in every day.

We have players from Canada, the U.S., the Bahamas and now Bermuda who are eligible to take part...very nice.

The problem we will face is lodging. Lots is happening in Kingston at the same time...so if you have not booked your lodging yet, please do so...there are only 10 rooms left available at the University and 20 rooms left at the Ambassador Hotel. I will try to find additional lodging nearby.

The pre-registered list will appear on our site in the first week of June.

For all the info go to: chess-math.org

Blog Entries

They did the same thing when I did the North American. They didn't actually register or show up though.