Thread: Choice Hotels Program with the CFC

Blog Entries

Default Choice Hotels Program with the CFC

The Chess Federation of Canada has teamed up with Choice Hotels® to make Business & Leisure travel a little more enjoyable and convenient – and save up to 15%!

Current CFC members can make use of this program not only for chess events, but for business or pleasure trips, as well. We will be distributing a Promotion Code to members via e-mail over the next few days. It can be used in much the same way as you would get a CAA or Government discount. The exact amount of the discount will vary from 10-15%, and depend on the day of the booking and the exact hotel. Booking can be done via the Choice website, phone call to Choice, or using their phone app.

Visit ChoiceHotels.com to see what properties are available in the area you're travelling to. Some of the more common franchise names include Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and EconoLodge.

For organizers interested in hosting an event at one of these properties, the Chess Federation of Canada is a preferred customer of Choice Hotels, and discounts should be available (you may have to get in touch with our National Account Manager).

Congratulations Fred! This is an excellent initiative that will bring tangible benefits to the CFC members. Thanks for your hard work in getting this done. I imagine it grew from discussions and meetings that Vlad and you had in Halifax this spring? Yet another example why the CFC leaders need to tavel to such congresses and conferences, the benfirs you bring back are amazing.

It is especially exciting to see that you, as the CFC Treasurer, are at the forefront of the transformations that are coming to the New FIDE. Panu Laine, Short’s ticket Treasurer and now an elected VER member, has sent us a detailed, well-prepared proposal regarding fundraising at the national federation level. Some of his key planks include a chess federation branded charge card - and discounts for rank-and-file members at the affiliated retailers. Fred, you are at the cutting edge, as always. Much appreciated.

This is great Fred ! Who's the "National Account Manager" and what are their contact coordinates ? I intend to pass this on in my next Newsletter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Lombard View Post
    This is great Fred ! Who's the "National Account Manager" and what are their contact coordinates ? I intend to pass this on in my next Newsletter.
    Just send an e-mail to Bob or myself.

I booked a Comfort Inn in Nova Scotia, and I saved about 10%, so thanks guys!