Thread: 11d Handbook Committee Call for Volunteers

Blog Entries

Default 11d Handbook Committee Call for Volunteers

Lyle Craver with the help of Toastmasters which he is a part of has put forward an initiative to update and modernize the handbook for the post NFP environment. So far we have Lyle Craver, Paul Leblanc and myself, involved. We can use quite a few more volunteers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Lyle Craver with the help of Toastmasters which he is a part of has put forward an initiative to update and modernize the handbook for the post NFP environment. So far we have Lyle Craver, Paul Leblanc and myself, involved. We can use quite a few more volunteers.
    I'm in. I'm in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I'm in. I'm in.
    Great news!

Blog Entries

Great news!
    I didn't mean to sound overly enthusiastic, but the first sentence wasn't long enough :-)

What is the task: improving the Handbook or trying to remain as faithful to the original as possible.

Blog Entries

Remaining faithful to the original is not strictly possible under the NFP act. We would like to improve it and excise that which is not compliant. I would also like to see relevant sections grouped together so that you don't have to look through the whole handbook to find gotcha's when trying to organize a Canadian Open for example. I expect that it will be done in stages. I expect that the youth coordinator will contribute to the discussion around the youth portion of the handbook. Paul Leblanc will look at the rating section and so on. Over time we will have a new and up to date handbook which contains no provisions contrary to the NFP act.

Maybe this is also where we can add things that are missing like Lyle's "So you want to organize a chess tournament/national championship. Here is what you should do....

You can count me in.

I expect that it will be done in stages.
    I agree. Stage one should be to review the numbering scheme. As it was, renumbering a section automatically entails a renumbering of all following items.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    You can count me in.
    Thank you for volunteering. Lyle will be heading this effort.