Thread: 6.1 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada Trustee (4 year position)

Default 6.1 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada Trustee (4 year position)

The board of the Chess Foundation is made up of 5 members - 4 are elected to 4 year terms, 1 for 1 year. Each year we elect a new Trustee to the 4-year term.

Last year's board was:

2014-2018 Hugh Brodie
    2015-2019 Lloyd Lombard
    2016-2020 Paul Leblanc
    2017-2021 Hans Jung
    2017-2018 Garland Best

Thus the new board will be Lombard, Leblanc, Jung plus our new 4 year trustee (2018-2022) and our new 1-year trustee (2018-2019)

Please make your nominations for the 4 year position here

Blog Entries

I will nominate Hugh Brodie, who has indicated he will stand.

Blog Entries

I nominate Ian Findlay who also has indicated he will stand.

I accept the nomination.

If elected, Ian would replace Garland Best who has indicated that he is not standing for re-election.
    Perhaps Lyle could confirm whether Hugh or Ian would fill the 4 year slot and therefore which one would fill the 1 year slot.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

I would be willing to do either, so I will leave it up to Hugh as to which one he wants to serve on.

I don't understand the question.

It is entirely possible that both could be nominated for both seats and that the winner of the 4 year seat would decline the nomination for one year.

It has never happened this way before but the votes do run concurrently and you can't hold two seats on the board so....

I don't really know - I don't think we've had that situation before though we had people nominated for both seats and withdrawing from the 4 year race before voting began.

Bottom line is both meet the qualifications to be a candidate for either a 4 or 1 year term and with that it's up to the Voting Members to decide. Obviously that's why we have elections.

I agreed to run to replace Garland Best. He seems to have a one year term, so it looks like I was nominated for the wrong position?