Thread: 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

Default 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

Please make your nominations here - this position replaces the former "Past President" and is a full member of the national executive

Blog Entries

I nominate Mark Dutton.

I'm putting my name for two positions: this one, and a vice-president. Hopefully the voting will be not too complicated.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    I'm putting my name for two positions: this one, and a vice-president. Hopefully the voting will be not too complicated.
    The voting will not be complicated - however I'm not sure if there is an issue should you win both ... I suppose you choose which one you want, but do we automatically take the R/Up as for the other one as the winner ? I'll be interested in seeing what Lyle or Vlad think. This wasn't an issue when we voted on one office at a time.

Default THANKS -- I accept this nomination and will stand to continue for this position!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I nominate Mark Dutton.
    THANKS -- I accept this nomination and will stand to continue for this position!

CFC Director at Large

There are several reasons I put my name on this position "Director at Large":

I'm returning for the hiatus with CFC Governors and Voting A member for several years. Seem to me that after the transformation to the new Non-for-profit regulations the CFC became the executive-board orientated organization - most things are done or not done through them. Several issues I would like to work on:
    * Newsletters - needs to go back on track with regular issues.
    * Expanding orientation to adults. We read that youth goes here and there. Apart of the Olympiad & World Cup, adults are non-exist.
    * Website. Sorry, but be embarrassed by parents who told that it did not work and they could not renew or get memberships for their kids, were too much.

A little bit about myself: a national master though shifting towards organizing tournaments; became a FIDE licensed national arbiter to conduct twice-a-year the Aurora Open (this fall it will be 15th) with a growing participation (most recent 150 players); a president of Aurora Chess Club with >60 members whom are CFC members too! Over the last year the club organized simuls and raised several hundreds to the Olympiad fund.

Please consider my candidacy and issues when casting your vote. Thnx.
    .*-1

My interpretation is that while ballots are done concurrently elections are done in the order given in the agenda. No one can hold more than one executive position though executive members CAN hold other CFC officers like a foundation trustee or pugi fund trustee (I've done that) or National Appeals Committee (Mark and I have done that - I would claim my qualification for the job was more on my experience as demonstrated by being an International Arbiter rather than 5+ years as national secretary!)

As such if you win an executive role you would be deemed to have resigned from consideration for another executive position. Similarly if you gain election as a 4 year foundation trustee you are not eligible to be elected to the one year position.This is what I have recommended to the president. But for sure you can't hold 2 spots on the executive or foundation committee!

I agree it was simpler in the days of the "live" person to person meeting but no question we get a broader attendance turnout in this AGM format than the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    As such if you win an executive role you would be deemed to have resigned from consideration for another executive position.
    Fair. Please include this explanation in the voting threads too.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    My interpretation is that while ballots are done concurrently elections are done in the order given in the agenda. No one can hold more than one executive position though executive members CAN hold other CFC officers like a foundation trustee or pugi fund trustee (I've done that) or National Appeals Committee (Mark and I have done that - I would claim my qualification for the job was more on my experience as demonstrated by being an International Arbiter rather than 5+ years as national secretary!)

As such if you win an executive role you would be deemed to have resigned from consideration for another executive position. Similarly if you gain election as a 4 year foundation trustee you are not eligible to be elected to the one year position.This is what I have recommended to the president. But for sure you can't hold 2 spots on the executive or foundation committee!

I agree it was simpler in the days of the "live" person to person meeting but no question we get a broader attendance turnout in this AGM format than the old days.
    I agree with this interpretation.