Thread: 4.5 - Nominations for CFC Youth Coordinator

Default 4.5 - Nominations for CFC Youth Coordinator

Please make your nominations here

So Undriadi (as part of his reporting) seemed to nominate Christina Tao at the Outgoing meeting. I am assuming that he do so here as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    So Undriadi (as part of his reporting) seemed to nominate Christina Tao at the Outgoing meeting. I am assuming that he do so here as well?
    UB is not a member of the Incoming Board, so he is unable to post here, and as Lyle has noted, Christina must be a CFC member.
    Last edited by Fred McKim; 08-20-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Christina Tao has purchased a CFC membership and is willing to stand for election for the youth coordinator position.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Christina Tao has purchased a CFC membership and is willing to stand for election for the youth coordinator position.
    I don't know that I still need to do this now, but just in case, I hereby nominate Christina Tao for the position of CFC Youth Coordinator.

I have double checked with the business office and Christina Tao's membership HAS been processed. Would any of you who know her care to wax lyrical on her abilities?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    I have double checked with the business office and Christina Tao's membership HAS been processed. Would any of you who know her care to wax lyrical on her abilities?
    Christina Tao has been very helpful with CFC youth teams on a number of occasions. Three of her children (all girls) are chessplayers with two of them - Rachel and Ellen - having been CYCC Canadian champions in their age groups at one time or another. She has been head of delegation several times at the FIDE America level and world level including for an U16 Olympiad team that went to Mongolia and has been quite involved in youth chess in the Windsor area. She was very helpful and supportive during the CYCC/CO/NAYCC tournaments in Windsor in 2016. She is constantly thinking of ways to enhance the experience of members of youth teams including reaching out to local ambassadors to come out to cheer on the kids on at least two occasions. She teaches an after-school math class that is associated with one of the chess programs in Windsor at ASCIS (Ste. Cecile) along with Chau Diep and Isabella Hui.

If Christina Tao is involved in anything she will more than carry her share of the load. She will be a good advocate for the chess kids and their parents but she will also be realistic and fiscally responsible. I am looking forward to working with her (again) and am excited that we will have a woman on the board of directors for the first time. Hopefully she will be the first of many.