Thread: 3. Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories

Default 3. Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories

Nominations close on day 3 - elections if necessary will take place on days 4-5

Blog Entries

It should be noted that the current agreement with the FQE allows for 3 Voting Members from that province. Normally the FQE will nominate 3 names and their will only be an election if any other FQE members also wish to run for a Voting Member position. We will post the 3 names from the FQE here as soon as we receive them.

There's a timing issue here Fred - we received the names Richard Berube, Eric Bopala, Bernard Labadie (e.g. the three outgoing incumbents) Thursday or Friday before the start of the meeting - I had been sending regular updates with the spreadsheet several times in the last week.

It should also be noted that there are vacancies to be filled from MB (2), SK (1) and NS (1). (All three provinces are affiliates)

There was earlier an AB vacancy which has been filled by Dale Haessel of Calgary.

In addition we have an application for the vacant Yukon spot by a former AB VM who now lives in Yukon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    There's a timing issue here Fred - we received the names Richard Berube, Eric Bopala, Bernard Labadie (e.g. the three outgoing incumbents).
    Thanks Lyle, I missed that.

You should also share the name of the Yukon nomination.

I have noticed that some of the FQE nominees have no valid CFC membership. I am willing to stand for this position if any of the three is disqualified for lack of membership. If I am elected elsewhere, the position will become vacant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I have noticed that some of the FQE nominees have no valid CFC membership. I am willing to stand for this position if any of the three is disqualified for lack of membership. If I am elected elsewhere, the position will become vacant.
    As long as they are FQE members, we have considered them OK. Having said that, I'm not sure that Lyle has checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    As long as they are FQE members, we have considered them OK. Having said that, I'm not sure that Lyle has checked.
    I have checked the FQE membership status. One nominee membership has expired
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/tournois/m....php?id=105685

This is very serious because the FQE board if directors may have lost its quorum.

My apologies on not previously giving the name of the applicant from Yukon - it is Logan McLeod of Whitehorse who some of you may remember as a previous voting member from Calgary, AB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I have checked the FQE membership status. One nominee membership has expired
    http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/tournois/m....php?id=105685

This is very serious because the FQE board if directors may have lost its quorum.
    As Pierre I think is back as Women's Coordinator (no opposition), his offer to take on one of these positions is not needed.

I think in this case we only seat two Voting Members from Quebec and perhaps allow Eric G.B. the chance to purchase a FQE (or CFC) membership prior to the end of the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    As Pierre I think is back as Women's Coordinator (no opposition), his offer to take on one of these positions is not needed.

I think in this case we only seat two Voting Members from Quebec and perhaps allow Eric G.B. the chance to purchase a FQE (or CFC) membership prior to the end of the meeting.
    You are right, the point has become irrelevant. Because of my acclamation, any QC representative position that I could have held would have been vacated.